Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic helmets of las vegas

Article about: Shame on you all !........didnt you know the first one shown is WW1 era motorcycle gang helmet !....Prussian chapter !

Default Relic helmets of las vegas

HI guys these are some of my relic helmet.i rushed the pictures and i will try and put more on and show the interiors,interested in your thoughts on them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic helmets of las vegas   Relic helmets of las vegas  

Relic helmets of las vegas   Relic helmets of las vegas  

Relic helmets of las vegas  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic helmets of las vegas
    P
    Many

Default Re: Relic helmets of las vegas

as you can see the ss helmet is the one i was wondering do you think its worth trying to exspose a decal?its out of poland and is said to have belonged to the chalemayne units/?the m42 head on is out of berlin.the m42 with the rubber is out of poland as is the small m35 with remains of wire .the very rusty and muddy m16 was bought at bangor militaria fair and as far as i was concerned it was the best item on the day,very atmospheric helmet.the other m16 as u can see is displayed with a relic spike and prussian eagle.the m40 on the head with zeltbahn and euipment is out of russia. the m35 with the big hole is my latest purchase ,it has its liner present and most oof the chinstrap.the hole punched thru the metal aso punched the same hole thru the leather liner .it also has an ss aceptance stamp on the chinstrap.would love to hear any comments on them ,las vegas

Im no expert on ww1 helmets but isnt the set up on the first one wrong? It appears to be an m16 or m18 that someone has put a crest and spike from a Pickelhaube onto. The heer lid in pic 7 appears to have a genuine decal and it could be cleaned up to look better but why are the assault badges attached to the side of it?

Hi,
    Not bad relics but IMO, the small H/J, helmet has been messed with as it has been painted on the outside, if ever you need to label the helmets always do it on the inside and the wire has some sort of string attached to it?. The M16s, the one with the battle damage i would leave as is, but the other i would take the
    pickelhaube attachments off. Be carefull if you clean them as they can give you more holes than you need. In some cases it is best left alone, All they need now is to be displayed right. As putting them in stacks like that will do more damage. All the badges need to be displayed seperatly.
    dave.

?

Certainly a first !!! I've never seen lids displayed like this before with badges and Pickelhaube spikes stuck on them
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Guys interesting ,and welcome thoughts so far.The helmets are displayed in a way which gives me most pleasure.The m16 has the added items as i seen one for sale before like this,of course the items arent welded to the shell and easily come off.The hj one had a little of its wire harness left and I just added ,string to see how it might have looked like with the full wire.The writing on the outside of some of the helmets is what i prefer for display.The type of paint of course washes off in seconds.Thanks for your replys guys ,and i hope to get another 20 pictures of the rest of the helmet collection on soon.ps they are not normally stacked ,this was only for quick pictures.....Guys maybe you are helmet purists ,but i collect many other items ,and think it inhances the display with other period kit displayed along side the helmets,but i understand this may not to be to everyones taste.

Hi Las Vegas:joke:is your kitchen always looking so "messy"...Ha ha ha !(poor french joke)Best regards

In a word/yes/ ,but its organized caous ......

I'm interested to see close up pics of the lid that has the leather strap around it. That one appears to be very nice. Also is that a camo cover clip (not sure what they are called) on the 6th picture?

Hi the strap is the rubber ring the infantry used.The clip is one of two ss clips remaining on the helmet ,and it has traces of cloth cover left.In time i will get close up pictures of them,Las vegas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast