Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Share your display tips!

Article about: very nice 85 ronnies i have been relegated to the loft also with my collection on my wifes orders heres part of my collection my allied helmets ive recessed them into the storage areas of my

?

Default Re: Share your display tips!

Hi Guys

Tip for servicemen n their mates
    As backing I have found the foam thats used to line military ammo boxes is raelly good- comes in quite good sized sheets -it is also traeted so it doesn't affect the brass so doesnt damage medals badges etc- will dig some photos out

Cheers

Perce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Share your display tips!
    P
    Many

?

The displays behind glass do look great and serve to keep dust and insects away. My girlfriend is involved with museum conservation and she always has some good tips about the cases I get to display things. Acid-free backings, woods that are sealed etc...the items are actually quite delicate and sensitive to everything including the oils on our skin! She even got me a pair of gloves to handle artifacts with. For my SS collection I picked up some wall displays from Aaron Brothers and they work well at protecting items and I love the way they don"t take up a ton of space like a curio cabinet...now if I can find one to fit the tunic.

@ ww2 collector, M1 carbine have dated barrels. Mine is a 43. It will usually print the date under the manufactures name. (Right near the Front sight)

Quote by Franz1944 View Post
    @ ww2 collector, M1 carbine have dated barrels. Mine is a 43. It will usually print the date under the manufactures name. (Right near the Front sight)
    Mine is dated "Inland Mfg.div" "General Motors" "5-44".
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Ya it m1 one,unless it m2 with a 1944 barrel for some reason. Highly unlikly. good date to bad it not maching.

One 'display tip' I could mention is that I use wooden 'paper towel dispensers'
    as helmet stands. I find them cheap at Goodwill and second-hand shops
    for $2 to $5 apiece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your display tips!  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 07-31-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

That a good idea, beed start doing that.

Depending on the size of your display area and what it is you have to display will obviously determine how and to what extent you can go. I am fortunate that I have a wife who indulges me and consequently I have a fairly large room in the house. I like to display my collection so that I can see it and enjoy it when I come into my room. I have several mannequin busts and Styrofoam display heads that I use. Personally I don't like "faces" on my mannequins. I think it detracts from the uniform as people have a natural tendency to look the mannequin in the "eye". Most mannequins have fairly goofy faces anyway but this is just my opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your display tips!   Share your display tips!  

Share your display tips!   Share your display tips!  

?

Fantastic collection and very nicely displayed... it shows that you take pride in and enjoy what you have! Cheers.. Hansi

?

Hello, Bayonets take up a lot of room so i added a few hooks to a old cd rack ,it,l do till i can get something a bit better,plus cheap samurai sword stands work well .Paul a
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Share your display tips!  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast