Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

From Shipping Crate to Militaria Display

Article about: Recently, I took delivery of a WWI downed aircraft section from a friend. The piece was shipped in the crate you see below. Not wanting to discard such a well-crafted box, I started thinking

?

Default Re: From Shipping Crate to Militaria Display

Wow what more can you say, I bet if you start a thread about the finished cabinet, say guess what this is made from, none of us would have even come close to realising it start out life as a packing crate!

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement From Shipping Crate to Militaria Display
    P
    Many

Quote by Nige H View Post
    Wow what more can you say, I bet if you start a thread about the finished cabinet, say guess what this is made from, none of us would have even come close to realising it start out life as a packing crate!

Nige.
    Thanks Nige. To be honest, I was quite surprised myself at how well it finished out.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

You have done an awesome job, I think I might go and hunt for a shipping crate now

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    You have done an awesome job, I think I might go and hunt for a shipping crate now

Thanks

Danny
    Many thanks Danny.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

I say it like Ford Fairline” "Mr. Rock n' Roll Detective"
    Un…believa…ble

Well done old chap, very impressive

Cheers and keep up the good work,
    Ronny

Btw The Adventures of Ford Fairlane, best movie ever made
    The Adventures of Ford Fairlane (1990) - Full cast and crew

Quote by Ronny View Post
    I say it like Ford Fairline” "Mr. Rock n' Roll Detective"
    Un…believa…ble

Well done old chap, very impressive

Cheers and keep up the good work,
    Ronny

Btw The Adventures of Ford Fairlane, best movie ever made
    The Adventures of Ford Fairlane (1990) - Full cast and crew
    Thanks old friend.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

WOW! That is so cool ! You have done a amazing job ...

Mate, what a fantastic display, the whole setup is museum quality. I think there will be a few blokes looking for packing crates!

Steven, did you sand down the crate before you stained it? I can probably get hold of a crate or two but they are pretty rough, certainly too rough to stain without sanding. What was the stain you used? It looks absolutely outstanding and I would'nt mind doing one myself.

wow what an amazing display and collection from start to finish amazing , you have set the items out in a beautiful uncluttered way even the display cabinet looks 1940 period well done on all your hard graft

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6