Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Short timer bottles

Article about: These are 'Short Timer' Jim Beam whisky bottles produced in the mid 1970s. They were popular with US soldiers, especially those about to leave their military service. These were available at

Default Short timer bottles

These are 'Short Timer' Jim Beam whisky bottles produced in the mid 1970s. They were popular with US soldiers, especially those about to leave their military service. These were available at the class VI store on base (the military liquor store). These three examples were bought at the class VI store in Hanau / West Germany and are dated 1975 on their bases. Jim Beam produced a similar design in the early 1990s for the Desert Storm soldiers.

Attachment 544921

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Short timer bottles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Short timer bottles

Cool bottles.
    I also have one but I think it is from 1990.
    chris

I've got a Vietnam era "short timer" JB decanter too.
    I'll dig it out for a photo.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thumbs up

I've got one of those somewhere. don't remember where/when I got it.
    Have to look for it and see what it is.
    Sarge

MAP
    ?

Guys......you are all missing the important questions. What happened to our keen eye to call out and detect fakes.

I for one will step forward (as it seems like no one else will) and volunteer to test the contents and pass final judgment (if however they are empty, I won't be of much help)

All kidding aside ... Nice !

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Guys......you are all missing the important questions. What happened to our keen eye to call out and detect fakes.

I for one will step forward (as it seems like no one else will) and volunteer to test the contents and pass final judgment (if however they are empty, I won't be of much help)

All kidding aside ... Nice !

Michael
    Nice try Michael!!! But I am the resident expert here for these and of course they must be not be empties as that would throw off my test results!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very cool ! There are canteen shaped bottles as well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Nice try Michael!!! But I am the resident expert here for these and of course they must be not be empties as that would throw off my test results!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Well Phil, ya gotta be good at something here! So if that's all you got to give then it's all yours!! LoL (I had fun writing this, sorry Bud).

And then there is Steve getting right back on topic!

Michael

PS: Look in the rearview mirror 2028 to 2024
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The Short Timer decanter was issued in 1975. There was a 2nd issue also in 1984 with a different style helmet.

Short timer bottles
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."