Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Show your favorite find of 2014

Article about: I had a lot of good finds this year and it is hard to chose only one, but I have chosen my Welsh Regiment Volunteers battalion officers glengarry cap dating to the period 1881 to 1896, a ver

Like everyone else I have had a fantastic year for pickups and it was very hard to pick a favourite, but I settled on this standard Lightweigh Respirator:

Show your favorite find of 2014Show your favorite find of 2014Show your favorite find of 2014

Its not in itself rare, but what I like about it is that it has its original packing and a card disk over the inside of the mouth piece so has clearly never been issued. I've never seen another example in this condition before so I was very pleased to find it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your favorite find of 2014
    P
    Many

my favorite find of this year ,well to be honest it found me (courtesy of a very kind wrf member )is this british RAF/SOE pillbox escape compass, how i havent lost it is a miraclei believe these were issued in an encapsulated swallowable pod Show your favorite find of 2014Show your favorite find of 2014

Hi James, When I served in Germany in the 80's these compasses were still held in the G10 store. I managed to pocket a few but as to where they are now I havn't a clue.

Difficult to choose but this salty AH CT thrilled me the most

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Show your favorite find of 2014 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Some great scores being shown here, exemplifying just a few of the many directions one can choose to pursue in this great hobby...It was a very good year for me as well...
    In April of this year, I received an unexpected package from a certain Author/Professor of the Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich, the same university attended by Hans & Sophie Scholl of the "White Rose" Resistance Group, btw...
    A WWI-related book once belonging to Claus von Stauffenberg during his youth, along with a pre-war photo discovered tucked between the pages...A personal gift to the Professor from the Stauffenberg-Family, now safe and cherished in my collection...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your favorite find of 2014   Show your favorite find of 2014  

Attached Images Attached Images Show your favorite find of 2014  Show your favorite find of 2014  Show your favorite find of 2014 
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 12-18-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Found this included in a box sent by a friend - free!! NH

Show your favorite find of 2014Show your favorite find of 2014

that's a brilliant piece StefenM.

yours to Glenn.

Bad condition but i was happy as hell to have something DAK/ Mediteran.
    Show your favorite find of 2014

Default My Favourite Item 2014

There have been a few items this year, parts for a 15cm Nebelwerfer rocket, Sd.Kfz.251 wheel at War & Peace and my first ever piece of German armour.

But my most favourite would have to be my M42 helmet I have had stored in my loft for the last 17 years, that I just took out of storage to put on display encouraged by a good friend. I had forgotten how nice it is, a little battered but still nice.

Regards

Show your favorite find of 2014Show your favorite find of 2014

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast