Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Show your favorite find of 2014

Article about: I had a lot of good finds this year and it is hard to chose only one, but I have chosen my Welsh Regiment Volunteers battalion officers glengarry cap dating to the period 1881 to 1896, a ver

Some really great things being posted.
    I looks like 2014 was a good year.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your favorite find of 2014
    P
    Many

?

Wow some stunning items guys my compliments.

Here is my best 2014 group, all to 1 soldier, Hptstfr (Captain) Eugen Zink of SS Polizei Art Regiment 4/12 battery and later commander of SS Artillery Regiment 27 Langemarck. I have about an inch thck of research papers already completed on Zink, an amazing combat record. As well as personal documents, his unapplied Pocher decals (not shown). This group the seller offered to me after I assisted him with the research authenticating the decals. Anyway, I have completed the search on his personnel files at NARA and other exhaustive research on the OOB's and his involvement. Everything ties in unbelievable well, no loose ends. Ill try to do a post one day on the group, but here it is sans loose Pocher decals.

He was HJ, then Allg SS, then SS-VT with Deutschland, then JS BT, assigned to Heer Art Rgt 300 which was subordinated to SS Polizei in early 1940. He commanded 12 Battery/4 Btn/SS-P Art Rgt 4 which used captured 22cm French Mörser's. When SS-P was broken up and partially shipped to Greece for refitting he was assigned to Sturmbrigade Langemarck which evolved to SS Division Freiwilligen Langemarck, II Btn, 27 SS Art Rgt. There was no active I battery so in effect he was in operational command of the Art Rgt. Awarded EK2, EK1.

There is a lot more to go over but Ill save that for a future thread (note - sellers pics).

(apologize for the watermark, but my photos from here always seem to wind up on Russian sites selling my stuff or claiming them for their own)

Attachment 779941

Attachment 779943

Attachment 779942

Attachment 779940

Attachment 779938

Attachment 779937

?

It has been a real bad year, financially, for me. So I guess my find of the year would be this place. Very glad to be apart of the on-line community again, especially such a fine militaria site such as this!

Although I haven't found anything spectacular, I am very happy to have found a civil war era 1853-55 Sharpes carbine bayonet.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your favorite find of 2014  

-- Apart from my Panzer collar badges I'd have to go with this stamped early Klaas SS dagger. So neat to know the actual soldier's name that it was bestowed upon and treasured by.

Default Panzer Reg. 2

Of all the items I have found, bought and paid for, one of my favorites has to be this little item that cost me nothing at all.
    A new member here contacted me with an offer, he has copies of a book, (130 pages, soft cover) that was written by his Grandfather, Oberleutnant von Lucke, Regimentsadjutant 1943-1944.
    He sent me a copy for free.
    The front cover and cover page.
    One of the things that I found most interesting is that it includes a photo that is available on Lexicon der Wehrmacht of a few panther tanks that are on rail cars that were issued to Panzer Reg. 2. One of the tanks is numbered 335, which is the next one in line to one of my father's that I have a photo of which is numbered 334.
    Panzer-Regiment 2 - Lexikon der Wehrmacht
    My father's Panther,
    It also contains some photos of RKT's from Panzer Reg. 2.]
    It also contains a few maps and a ton of information that I am currently going through and attempting to translate.
    Hopefully this will maybe help me in determining the timeline and locations where my father was during the war.

He also recently informed me that Panzerbatallion 84 (which held the tradition of the PR2) is no longer existing and that they disolved the tradition rooms of the batallion. His Grandfather donated his Panzer wrapper to this batallion 40 years ago and now he is getting it back. Unfortunately, since the laws were what they were then, the breast eagle and totenkopf from the collar tabs were removed.
    I am happy for him that he is receiving it back into his family.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-25-2014 at 06:32 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

My only two pick ups of the year, sadly due to cost and other life callings this was my year.
    Two Luftwaffe rank chevrons and a Wherpas and a very early veterans card i think for the same man.
    Big thanks to Paul D, Han, Luke (Rogge16) and many others for helping me contact certain veterans and for starting my signed photo collection.
    Wishing everyone a wonderful new year and a safe Christmas.

Morris

Default 2014 favorite

Show your favorite find of 2014Show your favorite find of 2014

Default State service flag

I would say this state service flag as I am starting to like them and the many versions of TR flags. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your favorite find of 2014   Show your favorite find of 2014  

Favorite find of 2014 for me would be this formal pattern Adolph Hitler teaspoon. Local pawnshop owner called and said he had something I might want. He was right!!!

Wishing all you guys a great 2015.

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your favorite find of 2014   Show your favorite find of 2014  

Show your favorite find of 2014   Show your favorite find of 2014  

Would have to be my GSM, First named medal I bought and is named to a brave soul from my home town. Has box, miniature, and documentation

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast