Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection

Article about: A new montage of my side cap collection for the British & commonwealth.

The Welsh headgear from my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection   Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection
    P
    Many

Victorian period Welsh regiment officers Glengarry cap, with a silver badge to show he was part of a Volunteer battalion and it dates to the years between 1881-1896. Rare to see a cap like this still with its original badge and rarer still for a Welsh VB officer. The trim and tails are silk whilst during this period and up to WWII OR's had leather trim until ribbed satin trim was introduced as an economy measure for all ranks which continued in use up until the present day. Like all officers items in those days, it is a private purchase made by a maker known to supply items to the Welsh 1st Vol Bn during this period so it might be for them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection   Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  

Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection   Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  

Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection   Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  

Regards,

Jerry

Wow! Congratulations Jerry - I love the Victorian Welsh regiment officers Glengarry cap above and those Pith helmets I am rather partial to.

Nothing like a good pith.

Cheers
    Tim

Well done got to love the glengarry cap.

An update on the dress (forage) caps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  
    Regards,

Jerry

FS caps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  
    Regards,

Jerry

I took some new pics of most of the steel helmets today.

The RAC helmet has been repainted and has a modern net until I can source some better paint and do a better job of painting it.

Regards,

Jerry

very nice collection of steel pots Jerry each one has real character i see what you mean about the netted RAC the net is very modern perhaps from a mk6 or maybe mk7 composite ,can i ask what the third brodie down is ,the one with the 3 holes in the brim ,im sure ive seen this marking on the national fire helmets ,thanks for taking the time to post this part of your collection ,i never tire or viewing your headgear ,cheers james
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice collection of steel pots Jerry each one has real character i see what you mean about the netted RAC the net is very modern perhaps from a mk6 or maybe mk7 composite ,can i ask what the third brodie down is ,the one with the 3 holes in the brim ,im sure ive seen this marking on the national fire helmets ,thanks for taking the time to post this part of your collection ,i never tire or viewing your headgear ,cheers james

Thanks James. The example with the 3 holes in the brim is a home guard issue with textured camo paint, shown below.

I did not take new pics of my MKII's for the NFS,the Police and the ARP Wardens.

Regards,

Jerry

very nice Jerry thanks for the extra info mate ,in my opinion a very sought after helmet
    Regards James

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast