Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!

Article about: Paul, Are those book plates, or personally signed books? If book plates are allowed, here is one of mine

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Picked up today in the basement of a Charing Cross Rd bookshop.....interesting 'period' book by the notorious Norwegian Fascist leader, Vidkun Quisling. But what made it worth the £4 asking price for me was the inscription......

Attachment 1007562

Attachment 1007563

I believe ( I'll be happy to be put right ) that this may be the signature of SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer Paul Anton Helle, Kommandeur of the Amersfoort Concentration Camp. The inscription is basically 'Souvenir of Yuletide 1942 in the Netherlands 20 December 1942' * so I guess the book was handed out to his subordinates.

It seems that 19 out of 20 'SS' relics shown on the Forum are fakes - this is one that isn't !

( * : I wonder what the German is for 'Gee, thanks - just what I've always wanted'...... )
    Nice one ! do they have any 1st Edition Harry Potter books down there as well .......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!
    P
    Many

Thumbs up

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    do they have any 1st Edition Harry Potter books down there as well .......
    I wouldn't recognize one if I saw it.....but that very same basement yielded my signed presentation copy of Richard Hillary's 'Last Enemy' years ago....for £3.....

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    I wouldn't recognize one if I saw it.....but that very same basement yielded my signed presentation copy of Richard Hillary's 'Last Enemy' years ago....for £3.....
    That's interesting. Michael " Micky " Burn married Mary Booker after the war and wrote the book " Mary and Richard " about their love affair
    Micky was a character in more ways that one indeed, I have many of his signed books

Cheers
    Last edited by HistoryMan; 10-13-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Arrow

Post # 50 of this very thread.....

Recent nice purchase on Amazon for a few quid !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!   Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!  

Here's mine

Karl Fiehler, some SA-brigadeführer(Schönborn,Glück) , generalleutnant van Ginkel...of course if you recognize anyone pls tell me

The Cheshire Yeomanry with dedication by the author, though not to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Arrow

Popped into the Notting Hill Book Exchange this morning ( I've never found anything interesting there - but - leave no stone unturned...).

Saw a US 1st of Bradley's memoir which I thought might make a nice reading copy - until I opened it...

Judging by the shakiness of the writing, autographed for someone at a much later date.

Even better was the price.....

Default Felix graf von luckner

Book signed by felix count von luckner "der see teufel--the sea devil) from ww 1...photo shows his wife and the count in his uniform check the medals.
    Dave hSigned Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!

Han
    ?

Long time no see, gentlemen.

Sadly thread is stagnant.

I guess I didn't wrote on here about signed book by Mr. Ludwig Bauer. Here is photo!

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast