Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

slowly revising my headgear displays

Article about: here's a glimpse at my work in progress ,for the colder months im altering the shelving and adding large and small timber stands to add levels and hopefully make it a bit more interesting to

Thanks for the Info James. I will have a look for one in the morning when the light is better .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement slowly revising my headgear displays
    P
    Many

ok robin the dark nights are a real pain especially when taking pictures ,my living room lighting isnt the best , you cant beat natural daylight

Quote by James C View Post
    I was wondering where that AK went now where the PPSH

thanks matthew yes the smg is there somewhere , robin ive just found an old pic of the stampings on my 62 dated tankie the poct size on my examples seem to be in a rectangular box ,the other tankie i have is czech made and feels much lighter than its soviet counterpart ,i notice on yours the leather chinstrap is dark brown ,from my own findings i believe this to be a trait of a soviet made helmet ,my czech straps are a light brown and seem inferior in quality slowly revising my headgear displaysslowly revising my headgear displays

Hi James, No sign of a boxed mark, The chinstrap and leather work are dark brown and of pretty good quality.

Have started to pick up the odd piece of Iraqi kit as I come across it. Still looking for a decent marked helmet similar to the nice one you have.

robin if a spot one someplace ill give you a heads up a shame my example didnt have a completely red triangle im sure you know this would mean RG ,well it sounds like your collecting a few nice pieces ive a spare loose beret cap insignia here i just need to put it to hand so bear with us ,its not the republic eagle but iraqi engineers its a nice quality piece so wether it was made during the embargo im not too sure ive heard mostly embargo issue stuff was of a poor quality ,a shame i dont have the beret to go with it for you ,pm me your address mate and when i find it ill send it your way slowly revising my headgear displaysslowly revising my headgear displays

Thats very decent of you James, i will pm you. A RG helmet would be a great addition. I am a little cautious of these though as I have heard that normal lids are being jazzed up by the addition of a red triangle.

your welcome robin and at least i know it will go to a good home i see your point and as with everything im sure the fakers will jump onto these if not allready ,the trouble is the m80's have such crude paintwork it would be very easy to add a triangle and age it up and nothing surprises me these days ,ive recently learned the british mk11 are being jazzed up to make a very healthy profit for the fakers

just to show a small update its quite time consuming trying to set the levels right ,slowly revising my headgear displays

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7