Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Small collection of Finnish war history

Article about: Hello to all war stuff collectors! I decided to do my first post today, when there are exactly 70 years when the Winter War started in Finland. I'm interested at WWII history, but my main in

Default Small collection of Finnish war history

Hello to all war stuff collectors!

I decided to do my first post today, when there are exactly 70 years when the Winter War started in Finland. I'm interested at WWII history, but my main interest is at Finnish war history, and so my few items are from Finnish wars.

I'm trying to expand my small collection, sadly all war relics are quite expensive here in Finland. Maybe i go to do some excavations next year, we'll se...

Sorry for my bad English, hope you get the point...

Some explanations of the pictures:

pics 1-3: Belgium made revolver, made before year 1892, brought from Continuation War
    pics 4-6: German Mauser pistol, brought from Lapland War
    pic 7: Bayonet from Soviet Tokarev SVT rifle, brought from Continuation War
    pics 8-9: Handmade sheath from aluminium of downed Soviet airplane, brought from Winter War or Continuation War (picture at the sheath is a insignia of Karelia)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small collection of Finnish war history   Small collection of Finnish war history  

Small collection of Finnish war history   Small collection of Finnish war history  

Small collection of Finnish war history   Small collection of Finnish war history  

Small collection of Finnish war history  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small collection of Finnish war history
    P
    Many

Default Re: Small collection of Finnish war history

Some explanations of pictures:

pic 1: III class fitness badge of Finnish civil guard (Suojeluskunta)

pic 2: original war era military pass and addition to military pass, that owner have returned all army material after war

pic 3: The Commemorative Medal of the Winter War 1939-40 with Karelian Isthmus bar and original awarding paper

pic 4: Medal of Liberty 2nd Class and original awarding paper

pic 5: Medal of Liberty 1st Class and original awarding paper

pic 6: The Commemorative Medal of the Continuation War 1941-45 and original awarding paper

pic 7: Marshal Mannerheims commandment number 137 to all Finnish soldiers, this is the last commandment that Mannerheim made

pic 8: Finnish war veteran ribbon and pins
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small collection of Finnish war history   Small collection of Finnish war history  

Welcome, Petroskoi

That is a great handmade sheath for Puukko knife!

Is the pinfire revolver from Belgium ?

Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Is the pinfire revolver from Belgium ?
    I asked some info from a gun collector and he said, that it's Belgium made and it's made before year 1892.
    If there are letters ELG inside an oval, then it's made before year 1892 but if there is a crown on top of the letters, then it's made after year 1892.

Revolver is brought from Continuation War by my grandfather's sister's husband. Stories tell, that the revolver was taken from a fallen Soviet soldier...

I've got some new items to my collection:

Pics 1-3: Old musket, no idea how old, if someone could help?!? Only markings I found from the gun are in the last picture.
    Pic 4: War era military passport and dog tags
    Pic 5: The Commemorative Medal of the Winter War 1939-40 with swords and Karelian Isthmus bar and The Commemorative Medal of the Continuation War 1941-45 with oak leafs
    Pics 6-7: Cross of Mourning (Given to the closest female relative of a soldier killed in action) and picture of a soldier who "earned" this medal at the Winter War
    pic 8: War era pocket watch. "Chain" is made of human hair.
    pics 9-10: handmade jewelry box. Text on the side says: "To Liisa, Christmas 1943"

Last edited by Petroskoi; 07-21-2010 at 02:29 PM.
    What is the world's thinnest book? - War Heroes of Sweden :D

Super collection.
    More interesting than some I saw in `museums` last spring in Finland.

?

just throught id say what a wonderfull collection ! i LOVE the medals ! thanks for showing !

kind regards
    Alex

alexanderstevens75@yahoo.com

Hello - I'm new here and have a small collection of Finnish Orders & Medals that I'd like to show before selling it.
    All items ( approx 45 items) were acquired privately and from dealers and e-bay.
    Comments and questions gladly encouraged.
    Hope you will enjoy them.
    Polishboy

Small collection of Finnish war historySmall collection of Finnish war historySmall collection of Finnish war historySmall collection of Finnish war history

Hi Petroskoi,
    Great collection you have i really like the weapons, the pinfire revolver and the percussion cap musket, and in good condition for there age.
    thanks for showing them.
    Dave.