Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Small RAF display I was asked to do

Article about: Hi Guys, a friend of ours who runs the local British Legion and is actively involved with our local museum archive asked if we could help with a small RAF display to co-inside with the 75th

When you say you are not a big RAF collector, you certainly found enough for a first class display so for stuff you do collect you must have an amazing collection, but then I assume most of us here already thought that would be the case, at least I did.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small RAF display I was asked to do
    P
    Many

Thanks Jerry.

I first bought a few RAF items, all Air Gunner related, as a kind of tribute to my Great Uncle Sid back in the mid 1990's. The uniform all fitted me and I wore it to a couple of 1940's dances. The other A/G uniform group I just had to have, as it killed me seeing it split and I managed to re-unite it for a reasonable cost.

I would still like to get a C type flying helmet at some stage. A couple have come through work recently, but both made good money. I don't really want to pay a huge sum for one. I will find one someday.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade great job

Thanks Gary.

I took some original RAF shirts to go under the uniforms. These have a separate collar. But the modern mannequins necks were too large for the collar studs to close the collars and add the black neck ties. So I added a silk scarf to the BD which I already had and improvised a white silk scarf with some material from the museum. The mannequins were kindly provided by a gents clothes shop in town.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I was at the museum again yesterday.

The RAF C Type flying helmet is now on display.

I also met up with the gentlemen who collected German daggers. He brought in some superb items to show me.

The exhibition runs until the end of the month.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2