Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Small TR Donation badge/tinnie collection.

Article about: Gday Gents, My small TR Donation badge/tinnie collection. I do like these little pieces of history and enjoy collecting them. The Winterhilfswerk moto sums them up for me. None will starve o

Default Small TR Donation badge/tinnie collection.

Gday Gents,
    My small TR Donation badge/tinnie collection.
    I do like these little pieces of history and enjoy collecting them.
    The Winterhilfswerk moto sums them up for me.
    None will starve or freeze.

Small TR Donation badge/tinnie collection.Small TR Donation badge/tinnie collection.Small TR Donation badge/tinnie collection.
    Cheers all.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small TR Donation badge/tinnie collection.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Small TR Donation badge/tinnie collection.

Nice ones I see one of your airplanes still have the prop most are broke on the ones I see for sale.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hey Dave,

Nice start...and I like your citing of the WHW motto...most over look the importance that this organization had to the people of Hitler's Third Reich.

You should check outour website and book at Winterhilfswerk.com | German Winter Relief Organization. If you want the ability to catalog your growing collection I'd encourage you take a look!

All the best,
    Chrys Alexander

Ps...Eric is correct. Your ME 109 has it's prop still on it...that is a nice find!

Cheers fellas
    The Bf109 with the prop was a lucky find.Most aircraft as you say gents have some form of damage.Just look at my Ju87 with half a wing
    I guess they were very "playable" for children of that era.
    Totaly agree,the value of the WHW organisation is greatly overlooked.Their concepts and values in social welfare were of the highest standard and a credit to themselves and the German people as a whole.
    Cheers gents.

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Cheers fellas
    The Bf109 with the prop was a lucky find.Most aircraft as you say gents have some form of damage.Just look at my Ju87 with half a wing
    I guess they were very "playable" for children of that era.
    Totaly agree,the value of the WHW organisation is greatly overlooked.Their concepts and values in social welfare were of the highest standard and a credit to themselves and the German people as a whole.
    Cheers gents.
    I agree but many were pressured into their donations though. I know that I feel pressure at xmas time just from the bell ringers.
    Imagine you in the TR time walking buy a donation person holding a can and not throwing in a couple of Pfenning in or risk being turned in as a bad german by a friend or neighbor.
    Just a thought.

Eric

I like to think of the Winterhilfswerk Organization as a gift wrapped version of extortion. They hit you coming, going, arriving, leaving, working, sleeping, eating and I'm sure ifthey could have figured out how even while you were dreaming!

Well said but I love WHW items none the less.

Eric

A valid thought Eric.
    I do feel this way at times myself.I guess it's been that way since people started rattling cans.Maybe some did as I do in choosing one or two organisations and donate to them only.
    I don't think you would be turned in as many felt some form of financial pinch during that time but snubbed by friends and neighbors for not donating when you had means may have been the case.
    Cheers mate.

May have been a exudation but you know what I'm talking about.

Eric

I think that it was very easy to be labeled as a communist sympathiser if you were not donating. In my findings it looks like a good 30% of ones monthly income was going to the WHW Organization.

But I agree...I love collecting the donation and organizational items of the Winterhilfswerk.

Chrys