Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some Iraqi Items

Article about: Hi everyone, thought I would show some of my Iraqi items, these were generally purchased from British veterans. First is a mortar sight, taken from a 120mm Yugoslavian mortar in 1991. If any

Default Some Iraqi Items

Hi everyone, thought I would show some of my Iraqi items, these were generally purchased from British veterans. First is a mortar sight, taken from a 120mm Yugoslavian mortar in 1991. If anyone can tell me why it has a radiation symbol on it, I would be interested to know.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Iraqi Items   Some Iraqi Items  

Some Iraqi Items   Some Iraqi Items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some Iraqi Items
    P
    Many

Next up is an Iraqi AKM bayonet, of Romanian origin, picked up in 1991 with its accompanying letter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Iraqi Items   Some Iraqi Items  

Next we have an M80 helmet, found in Basra in 2003 and still with desert sand in it. This is of South Korean origin and made from plastic impregnated canvas.

Some Iraqi Items  

Next is an Iraqi M59 gasmask of Yugolslavian manufacture, with Arabic markings to the strap.

Great items Douglas. I can only wonder what the value of these items will be in 30 years or so.

Next is an Iraqi beret, crudely made and well worn, from 2003.

An Iraqi BMP armoured vehicle periscope, 2003.

A water bottle, copied from an American design, but poorly made and with a very crude cover, 2003.

I read that the mortar sights light source needs some radioactive material. At least this read in a manual of an M224 60mm Light Mortar: "Light Source: Self-contained, radioactive tritium gas (H3)"

Thankyou, yes it will be interesting to see if they accumulate much value. I have paid on average about £15 per item. I can only assume that the radiation is not hazardous!

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Great items Douglas. I can only wonder what the value of these items will be in 30 years or so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast