Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some Iraqi Items

Article about: Hi everyone, thought I would show some of my Iraqi items, these were generally purchased from British veterans. First is a mortar sight, taken from a 120mm Yugoslavian mortar in 1991. If any

fantastic collection douglas you have picked up some very nice well used equipment and field gear and thanks for sharing it
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some Iraqi Items
    P
    Many

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Hi everyone, thought I would show some of my Iraqi items, these were generally purchased from British veterans. First is a mortar sight, taken from a 120mm Yugoslavian mortar in 1991. If anyone can tell me why it has a radiation symbol on it, I would be interested to know.

Hi Doug:
    Ref: The Radiation symbol. It is on the sight unit because there is a small amount of radioactive material in the unit to enable it to "glow in the dark", rather like your "glow in the dark" numerals on a watch.

The British Army's current SUSAT (Sight Unit Small Arms Trilux) and older SUIT (Sight Unit, Infantry Trilux) sights as used with the L1A1 SLR, along with the C2 Dial sight used on the GPMG-SF and Mortars, also have this symbol on for that reason.

Hope that this is of some help.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Attached Images Attached Images Some Iraqi Items  Some Iraqi Items  Some Iraqi Items  Some Iraqi Items 

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Next is an Iraqi beret, crudely made and well worn, from 2003.
    hi douglas ,time permitting could you please post up a picture of the inside of the beret please ,im interested to know if it matches one of the makers on my pair , thanks james Some Iraqi Items
    Regards James

Very nice collection, thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers,Willie.

Hi James, its not convenient for me to photograph the interior at the moment, but I can tell you it is lined with plain black cotton and has no markings at all. It is much more crudely made than your examples, having an almost home-made appearance.

Hi Doug, nice to see some different military items, and in a war in our life tine.
    Thanks for posting.

Regards SK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2