Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Some Of My M1's

Article about: by Gunny Hartmann Very very nice collection!.... Thank you Gunney Best Regards, Andy

?

Default Re: Some Of My M1's

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Very very nice collection!....
    Thank you Gunney

Best Regards,

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some Of My M1's
    P
    Many

andy this is such a nice display with some superb m1's they are in such good condition ,the brit/commonwealth display is inspirational ,the shelving is a great way to maximize your available space well done

Now thats what i call a really fantastic collection and in such fine condition as well.I sir salute you.....cheers Jake.

Awesome collection, Andy!

May I ask how you got bit by the M1 bug? I would assume that they aren't easy to find in your neck of the woods.

Also, any missing pieces to the "puzzle" that you're itching to add to your collection?

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Awesome collection, Andy!

May I ask how you got bit by the M1 bug? I would assume that they aren't easy to find in your neck of the woods.

Also, any missing pieces to the "puzzle" that you're itching to add to your collection?
    Hello Joe, long time no speak! I hope you are well.
    Well, I got the bug when I was teenager, my Dad brought me a WW2 RAF helmet home, painted blue with a hand painted RAF emblem on the front. It's long gone now, but I really wish I could have hung onto that one.
    I went for the M1, as they just looked so much better to me then than their British counterparts, too many John Wayne movies I guess.
    They were not all easy to find, and the collection never really took off until I heard of this intertubes thing!
    Missing pieces, well I seem to be getting into rarer liners these days, and that is an even more obscure sub division of M1 collecting that I think few here would understand outside of the community. Also, as I have a WW1 "T Patcher" at one end of the collection, I suppose I must have the first of the composite helmets at the other.
    I'm still working on setting up the shelves and I'll only have room for one by the look of it, so some lids will go into very careful storage. I'm working on some subdued (subdued blue-white, not ANYTHING like below ) white light, and there are some photos of us messing about while testing the positioning the LED strips below.
    I have some correct 48 star flags en route from the USA, some original WW2 military maps, together with a few copies of war bond posters, then I'll have a few options as to what to include to make the shelves seem less bare.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Of My M1's   Some Of My M1's  

Some Of My M1's  

Very cool, Andy!

Do you have an M1917A1?

?

Yes I do Joe, I posted it a while back. I'm going to try to put it next to an early "Hawley" set which has the same chinstraps and paint if I can find the space.

Best Regards

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Of My M1's   Some Of My M1's  

Some Of My M1's   Some Of My M1's  

Nice!

May I suggest stands set at alternating heights? That way, you'll be able to optimize your limited space?

Some Of My M1's

?

Good idea joe, I've been thinking along the same lines too. I raised up the back row to fit over the front row. It's very tight for height (pic) even with the front row without stands. I could lower the shelves, but I'd loose the bottom section. So at the moment, I'm working with three in the back on stands, and three at the front without. That's still 30 helmets, plus the 6 Brits on the wall. Organizing that should keep me busy and out of trouble for a while!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some Of My M1's  

I noticed that in your second set of photos. Very nice, Andy!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast