Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Some Of My M1's

Article about: by Gunny Hartmann Very very nice collection!.... Thank you Gunney Best Regards, Andy

Default Re: Some Of My M1's

very awesome collection ! i hope my helmet collection gets half as good as that one day !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some Of My M1's
    P
    Many

?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    very awesome collection ! i hope my helmet collection gets half as good as that one day !
    Thank you for the kind words.
    I hope your hair will only become half as grey too.

Best Regards,

Andy

?

Nice group!
    Regards,
    John

nice display idea joe ,i found stagering the helmets in this way also maximised the available space ,allowing better viewing ,andy from what i see of your awesome collection and particularly the us display is the fact i think your a bit of a purist at heart ,you can see nearly all the bare shells of the m1's i think once you start putting covers over the top you lose some of the profile and character of each lid its nice to see each paint texture and if any decals remain which your clearly have ,there is only one exeption to the rule and that for me seems to be the nam m1 with mitchell cover ,its a crying shame not to display this genre of lid as a whole ,my ears pricked up when you mentiond composite lid ,now are we talking a more modern pasgt fritz type or just the more modern m1 liner ,if pasgt can i see a pic please i love these k pots ,keep up the great work ,just a suggestion and it is in no way a negative but would you consider floating shelves for the us display i think the lack of side structures really help bring out the collection on the brit section ,all the best james

?

James, some great advice about floating shelves. It is still is an option.
    The idea behind the framed shelves was to create a quasi-military utilitarian display with hidden subdued soft white lighting, a sort of a nod to the quartermasters storage shelves or general military storage. I'm being selfish I suppose, but the shelving is positioned where I can get the best view from where, unfortunately, I have to now spend most of my day.
    There is also a chair directly in front of the shelving, which is quite low to the ground, and anybody sitting there will see almost all of the helmets. I'll have to take a pic from this "viewing chair" angle if you like, once I have raised the back row of helmets to be clear (vertically) of the front, especially the top row. You should be able to see them all from that angle. (We shall see....)
    It's still very much a work in progress, so don't worry about the Nam lid too much, when finished she will be clearly visible!
    As I have a 1917AI, and a WW1 "T Patcher" lid to display the evolution of American steel helmets before the M1 was introduced, I think it only fair to include the first composite to be used after the M1 was discontinued. I know absolutely nothing about which helmet was the first to be introduced into general service after the M1! So I don't have one. Yet........

Best Regards,

Andy

?

an absolute stunning collection mate & very nicely displayed

?

Quote by NickD View Post
    an absolute stunning collection mate & very nicely displayed
    Thanks Nick!

I'll be (or I'll be getting my son in law to ) do some more work on the display today.......those shelves should be white gloss to reflect the subdued lighting methinks.............

Andy

love the quatermaster stores idea for the m1 display , i for one would very much like to sit in that viewing chair and soak in all those nice m1's ,i think i got my wires crossed explaining about the nam pot ,i was referring to my example ,sorry to confuse yours look superb as they are ,regards james p.s the lighting works a treat i really need to borrow your idea for my shelving displays

?

James, you could sit in the chair anytime mate, I'll even reduce the per minute fees a little............

Best Regards,

Andy

great collection congratulations

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast