Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some of my SS junque

Article about: Hi Sarge- Nice collection. I think you are the same individual I used to correspond with over at WAF.

?

Cool Some of my SS junque

Here are a few items from my SS collection. More later?
    Sarge
    Some of my SS junqueSome of my SS junqueSome of my SS junqueSome of my SS junqueSome of my SS junque

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some of my SS junque
    P
    Many

I'm fearful of a few items in your first photograph, such as the ct and RZM tags. Is there anyway you could post some close ups? Thank you and thank you for sharing.

?

Thumbs up

I don't know whether or not I have any close ups of those items, have to look.
    All are original, most I have had for 40+ yrs.
    A friend has gone onto the internet and verified anything that he wasn't sure of even tho I had no doubts.
    Sarge

Quote by Sarge View Post
    A friend has gone onto the internet and verified anything that he wasn't sure of
    Onto the internet you say? Well thats a relief, for a second there I thought some of the items could have been fakes.

C'mon Sarge, most of us have been at this game long enough to be wary of the "i've been at this 40 years so trust my word" story. You seem to have a wonderful collection and I really hope all of your pieces are the real deal but as they say, "the proof is in the pudding".

I hope your photography skills are matched by your enthusiasm for your collection? If so then I, and I am sure many others, are eager to enjoy a close-up study of most, if not all of your collection. Personally I love seeing others collections 'up close and personal' (even the more common awards) so when time permits, please start a few threads. Your SS erkennungsmarken collection would be nice to see.

?

I have never seen that yellow armband type before , Personally that one would worry me. Has anyone more info on that one at all?.

Nice collection Sarge but as the guys say close ups are essential

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by jimm View Post
    I have never seen that yellow armband type before , Personally that one would worry me. Has anyone more info on that one at all?.
    Despite the look of the eagle, that one actually has no SS connection as such. It's for the Reichsautzozug Deutschland.

See:
    German Militaria Blog: Der Reichsautozug Deutschland
    Reichsautozug uniform
    SS Reichsautozug Armband - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Despite the look of the eagle, that one actually has no SS connection as such. It's for the Reichsautzozug Deutschland.

See:
    German Militaria Blog: Der Reichsautozug Deutschland
    Reichsautozug uniform
    SS Reichsautozug Armband - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Many thanks for that info , very interesting indeed , a new bit of history for me .

It appears the first RZM tag has only five numbers present which is a huge red flag. Whatever the case maybe though what is certain is that you have some very nice original items. Again, I thank you for sharing your collection with us. I will continue to watch this thread for new photographs!

?

Question

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Onto the internet you say? Well thats a relief, for a second there I thought some of the items could have been fakes.
    C'mon Sarge, most of us have been at this game long enough to be wary of the "i've been at this 40 years so trust my word" story. You seem to have a wonderful collection and I really hope all of your pieces are the real deal but as they say, "the proof is in the pudding".
    I hope your photography skills are matched by your enthusiasm for your collection? If so then I, and I am sure many others, are eager to enjoy a close-up study of most, if not all of your collection. Personally I love seeing others collections 'up close and personal' (even the more common awards) so when time permits, please start a few threads. Your SS erkennungsmarken collection would be nice to see.
    Well Perhaps I misspoke when I said 40 yr or more, or maby you didn't understand the "or more" part? I started collecting WW 2 German in 1953 after buying K98k for a deer rifle from an uncle who brought it back - a byf 44, still have it. That got me interested in German firearms and I kept finding all sorts of other stuff while looking for guns. As I could afford to do so, I bought everything I found, all of it from Vets (there wasn't any other source around Kansas City in the 50s). At .50 an hr working in the hay fields as a kid I never had a lot of $$, but it all went to buying German stuff. After I joined the Navy I had a bit more $$ to spend and it all went to the collection.
    So maby I should have said 60 yrs?
    Sarge

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast