Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some photos of my (very) small collection

Article about: by Gwar Emo.. How have you been ?? Great pictures.. The Luftwaffe buckle on the top left... Any back pictures ??... Gwar Hi Gwar! I am well, thanks! How about yourself? You can drop me an e-

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Emo.. How have you been ?? Great pictures.. The Luftwaffe buckle on the top left... Any back pictures ??... Gwar
    Hi Gwar! I am well, thanks! How about yourself? You can drop me an e-mail if you're still interested in talking about that Heer buckle.

I do! Here it is:

Some photos of my (very) small collection

Sorry, the picture isn't the best. This was the first buckle I acquired, back in December. The maker is Nölle & Hück.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some photos of my (very) small collection
    P
    Many

Much better, thanks. Is the Heer buckle brass ??? Kriegsmarine?
    The SS buckle have any markings? I would tone it if it were mine, to make it more appealing. (put boiled egg yolk on it or hold it in a candle flame then wipe it off). Nice collection

?

Emo.. Thanks.. I was concerned about the buckle only because of the "Pencil Beak".. I had been burned some time ago by a similar buckle... I am getting my collection up and ready soon.. I have boxes upon
    boxes of things i probably don't even know I have... Gwar

?

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    Much better, thanks. Is the Heer buckle brass ??? Kriegsmarine?
    The SS buckle have any markings? I would tone it if it were mine, to make it more appealing. (put boiled egg yolk on it or hold it in a candle flame then wipe it off). Nice collection
    Indeed! The one in the photos is a KM buckle by Christian Theodore Dicke.

The SS is an aluminum one marked to RS&S (RZM 822/38). I would not recommend toning buckles! I would certainly prefer them as original as possible.

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Emo.. Thanks.. I was concerned about the buckle only because of the "Pencil Beak".. I had been burned some time ago by a similar buckle... I am getting my collection up and ready soon.. I have boxes upon
    boxes of things i probably don't even know I have... Gwar
    I was also concerned about the Luft buckle at first, Gwar. I posted it here first for confirmation instead of dismissing it as a fake, and I am glad I did! I know what you mean about the 'inventory;' I have hundreds of boxes sitting in storage that are full of who knows what, although no militaria, sadly.

?

Default Some things

I am currently in Michigan and actually have a few days off...
    There is a war relics show in the Detroit area I plan on attending...
    Hope to be in PA. at the MAX show in Oct.. if time permits.. Would like to meet ya sometime.. Nice collection by the way... Take care Emo.. Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some photos of my (very) small collection  

?

Thanks, Gwar! I would like to meet you as well. I may go to the MAX show this year if I get the opportunity. I will probably be at the next Allentown show, but that is not as large of course. It's only about 30 minutes from me, though, so I will most likely stop in.

I have been admiring your RAD collection as you add to it! That is most impressive and very focused. I'm a bit more frenetic at the moment, but I may pick a specialty as time goes by.

?

Emo.. We all have a niche.. I was tired of getting burned by lack of knowledge on EK2's and Heer - Luftwaffe buckles.. I find I feel more comfortable with the RaD.. On a better note... I have a surprise
    for the forum soon and I will keep you in the know...G

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Emo.. We all have a niche.. I was tired of getting burned by lack of knowledge on EK2's and Heer - Luftwaffe buckles.. I find I feel more comfortable with the RaD.. On a better note... I have a surprise
    for the forum soon and I will keep you in the know...G
    I rarely buy awards and medals because of the excellent fakes.

Oh! I look forward to it. I wonder if you have found something rare.

Beautiful RAD collection. The officers belt at right are very rare, never seen one. I used to talk to every old person I could find in Germany in the 60s about their RAD experience, and almost all said it was the best time of their lives, especially the women. The Arbeitsdienst was a very wholesome organization and I think it will become activated again in many variations in the future. Thanks for showing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast