Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

some things I have collected

Article about: Here are some knives that I have gotten over tthe years. The background flag I bought from robert Grant a very nice man to deal with. The amo belts are ground dug along with the spent casing

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ian Hayes View Post
    I got that k98 at a flea market with an Enfield both for $200. The mauser was painted gold... Nice!It is marked DOT 45. It also looks like lion accelpance marks. I was thinking put together right after the war with leftover parts. Numbers are matching but not many parts are marked. I alos guessed it was duffel bag cut, there are no import marks on it. As for the eagle it is facing the same way printed on two seperate pieces of cloth. Thanks, Ian.
    Gold? What's up with that! But for $200 you did very well!

Could you show some pics of the lion acceptance marks. DOT45 is BRNO as Phil noted (Phil - you got good eyes). I would assume the Lion acceptance stamp is a Czech rework (which explains (maybe) the non-laminate stock?). And then I would further assume someone then cut down the stock and painted it GOLD

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement some things I have collected
    P
    Many

There were alot of vets in the pocono mountains in Pa. With vets come war trophys, American legion parades, why not paint this old mauser gold? It will look good marching down main street. I got for free and all my friends have one, they are soo cheap!! circa 1965 Who knows.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ian Hayes View Post
    There were alot of vets in the pocono mountains in Pa. With vets come war trophys, American legion parades, why not paint this old mauser gold? It will look good marching down main street. I got for free and all my friends have one, they are soo cheap!! circa 1965 Who knows.
    Just kidding on the gold.....I've seen some AK47/74 in gold from the 1st Iraq war....but they were real Gold plated....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Real nice bunch of stuff Ian your guns remind me of my early collecting days gone by. What type of German winter cap is that? not your typical rabbit fur looks like a field acquired or made one. I have never seen one like it. Very interesting your ord and edged weapons really stand out. timothy

You might have to post some pics of the Soldatenbund flag..I think its a 70s copy sorry, the nose has a red part on it where it hasnt been printed correctly and the Eagle should face the same way,also it should only be one piece construction..If it were a real one they are rare and would not be the place to put other items on

Got the flag from Robert Grant, heavly moth eaten. Great guy bought directly from vets for around 40 yrs but not any more most of the vets are dead or in frail condition. I am working at a retirement home under renovation a vet died yesterday 101 yrs he was part of a sherman tank crew I wish I had asked him more questions.

Phil hit the trigger guard on the money Brno Czech manf so called winter trigger guard some believe post war Czech I have only seen them on post war Czech mauser (From leftover German 98 parts) so this may be true. timothy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3