Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

?

And now the updated group shots. i hope you enjoyed the pics.....

Regards, Al

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

A very impressive collection Al.

?

Thank you Anderson, I was really fortunate to acquire the aviation wings from the previous posts as they are hard to come by. These are just the small badges and medals. I would love to include all of my Spanish caps and flags in the photo shoot but it would be a massive undertaking to move them all outside. Perhaps in the Spring I'll be motivated. In the meantime here's a photo.

Regards, Al

?

Wonderful collection Al.

May I ask, in post #261 , Bottom Right. What are those star burst medals with AL MERITO across the top?

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Hi Phil, they are Spanish war crosses (Spanien-Kreuz in Gold mit Schwertern) issued originally in 1938 to civil war participants including their German counterparts in the Legion Condor, then to the Blue Division and phased out in 1975 with the end of the Franco regime. Check out post #234 and 235 pg 24 of this thread.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

They are beautiful awards.
    Thank you for the information Al.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Beautiful and focused collection.
    Weitze has Leg Condor cap for sale now that would look good next to the rest of the caps, i didnt want to post pic here to avoid polluting you great thread.
    here is the data; # 204121

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Beautiful and focused collection.
    Weitze has Leg Condor cap for sale now that would look good next to the rest of the caps, i didnt want to post pic here to avoid polluting you great thread.
    here is the data; # 204121
    Thank you for the comments and link. This is one area that i have been able to focus on and put together a nice complete collection. Even though I have moved onto my totenkopf and SS insignia collection, I'm always on the lookout for new items for my Spanish area.

Regards, Al

?

Default Military Order of our Lady of Montesa, Knight, c.1940

Spain, Kingdom. A Royal and Military Order of our Lady of Montesa, Knight, c.1940

(Real y Militar Orden de Nuestra Señora de Montesa). Instituted in 1319 by King Jaime II of Aragón. WWII period issue. One of the oldest orders in Europe, founded by King Jaime II, probably in 1316, or 1319, the Order of our Lady of Montesa was granted to Knights who protected the territory of Aragón against Moor invasions, and who were subject to the rules and precepts of the Order of Calatrava. It is currently awarded as a honorific, religious, and nobility order within Spain.

An very old Order indeed.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast