Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Long Service Medals

Article about: Views: 0 Size: 83.7 KB class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> You don't often see these. All four are cased. The 4- and 8- are in a cardboard box. The 12- and 25- are in substantial cases.

Default SS Long Service Medals

SS Long Service MedalsSS Long Service MedalsSS Long Service Medals

You don't often see these. All four are cased. The 4- and 8- are in a cardboard box. The 12- and 25- are in substantial cases. Only enlisted men were eligible to be awarded the 4-year medal. The SS wore a single long service ribbons. They may have been authorized a long service medal, say for Labor Service. There were times when these medals counted double time: The Years of Struggle from 1925 to 1933, when Hitler became chancellor. Since service time from 1933 to 1939. At the start of the war the time doubled again. However, the SS stopped issuing long service awards after 12 (silver). The war years counted double. Although the 25 medal was manufactured, it was never awarded. The SS is starting soon and I want them playing. If you could count your time, you' have 34 years. Everybody is in uproar.

Willi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Long Service Medals
    P
    Many

Are these 4 awards yours,Willi?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes, they are.

Superb medals! I think that I've seen,maybe, 5 or 6 of the 25 Years in over 50 years! Well done!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I came across a complete set with boxes many years ago at the old Greenbelt Armory show… probably the only set I had ever seen. I bought the cased (in cardboard) the 4- and 8-year service medals. I inquired as to the 12- and 25-Year Service awards. He had both and gave me a price, which I agreed upon. I bought them and now they are mine.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Long Service Medals  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Long Service Medals  SS Long Service Medals 

?

Thumbs up

Nice set.
    I've got 3 but not all are case/boxed. Here they are in an SS group frame. Seems like i have a 25 yr, but don't see any photos, so?
    SS Long Service Medals

Sarge,

This is only my opinion, but I think you have the 12-Year SS Long Service Medal, and I have a low confidence about it's authenticity. I'm not an expert on badges and medals, and I need closer detailed photos of specific places on the medal to determine that. If I saw this on a dealer's table, I, personally, would turn and walk away. Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one and they all stink. That's my opinion for what it is worth.

Hello Willi,

These are pure eye candy, and of course rare as stated.

Keep them coming.

Best
    Colin

1st time I have seen them all together

Hi Willi, most impressive.

Hi Sarge, sadly I would say some items in the frame of certainly fake. I would run these past the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!