Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

the start of it all

Article about: by Woolgar Ah! Commando mags!! In the Army they were refered to as 'Officers Training Manuals' Nick I have a box crammed full of these somewhere

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Ah! Commando mags!! In the Army they were refered to as 'Officers Training Manuals'

Nick
    I have a box crammed full of these somewhere

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement the start of it all
    P
    Many

?

Falklands War.. that is what got me interested in the Army... After the Falklands war I was hell bent on joining & I did in 1987 to 2010..As for collecting & stuff I was on Exmoor in the 80s with my mates laden down with a tonne of kit we didn't need, digging holes & getting wet. We went camping Army style..great days..We did some mental stuff like walk 25 miles with all kit on.. all through the dark tired & muddy..How we did it at 15 years old is beyond me?..Cheers Terry.

?

My grand-dad was a serjeant-tank commander in the Grenadier Guards in WWII and a post war reservist so I was used to him "vanishing" for 2 or 3 weeks at a time for training and courses etc.
    Also, when I was growing up, (early 1960's), there was still loads of signs of the war in my home town, ruins, air-raid shelters etc.
    The war and warfare, soldiering etc was never hidden from me or my brother, consequently, I ended up doing 8 years in the TA and my brother 16 years Regular army and 2 years TA.
    I have also always had an avid interest in just about all things historical, especially military/armed forces related, regardless of era, but with a particular leaning towards WWI and II and also the Roman and Viking era's.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

ADDITION:

My grand-dad also got me into model making. He bought me my first model kit, an Airfix Churchill tank in OO/HO scale, I swear blind the only reason he got me it was because he was a serjeant/tank commander on one! LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images the start of it all 
    Last edited by jimpy; 11-09-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Grammar/Addition

W. F. Yeames - English Civil war - in reply to Ned's Painting.

My bad - didn't read it properly.

Cheers
    Tim

For me it was just being born into a military family and hearing all the stories that I've heard through the years. Now I can't wait till next year for when high school is over so that I can enlist!

Anybody else remember this:
    I remember being read it at primary school.
    the start of it all

Jan
    ?

Digging up bits and pieces of WW2 in my childhood started my interest in collecting WW2 items and kickstarted my career as an archaeologist

Jan Fast Archaeology

Best,

Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images the start of it all 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3