Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Ugly War Rooms?

Article about: Like many of you, I am literally out of space to display. To the point that every nook and cranny in my war room is filled. My collection has also spilled over to other rooms much to my wife

MAP
    ?

Quote by brian d View Post

Attachment 1204886

Here is my room. Has also spilled out to two other rooms. Cheers Brian

Just love it that your War Room has a lock on it!!!! Just for you and select guests!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ugly War Rooms?
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    Just love it that your War Room has a lock on it!!!! Just for you and select guests!
    Oh yes. Windows are also barred and a motion sensor wired into the alarm system. Cheers Brian

?

Quote by brian d View Post
    Oh yes. Windows are also barred and a motion sensor wired into the alarm system. Cheers Brian
    Bingo!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Great thread. Not a perspex box or stainless steel suspension wire in sight.

Haven't read that I've been dethroned as yet! So far my vote is Dan's so far... Great rooms to all that have shared and a big Thank You.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Haven't read that I've been dethroned as yet! So far my vote is Dan's so far... Great rooms to all that have shared and a big Thank You.
    Mate - you're still the 'King of Moomba' to me .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The warning sign is an item of sublime delight. Attachment 1204928 This is from Berlin, is it not?

Yes it is and those signs evoke heady memories for me personally in the city of spies and intrigue then known simply as the "Grosstadt"

This one is from the "Wall" (between the Brit and Soviet sectors) the signs on the "Wire" (between the Brit Sector and DDR) had a different German legend; The first here is from the "wall" the other is from the "wire"
    In the latter period of use the signs had a sequential number in the bottom left corner so they could be used as reference points. On the wall they were number 1 (in the North adjacent to the French Sector) to 100 (in the South adjacent to the US Sector). On the "wire" there were more signs as the border was longer but without looking in my boxes of old docs I can't recall how many at the moment I'll have a look and maybe start a bit of a thread in the appropriate section. BTW I have one of these signs on my war room door too! I must take a pic but at the moment think I might take the trophy for best dump "hands down"

Regards

Mark

Ugly War Rooms?Ugly War Rooms?
    Last edited by Watchdog; 05-23-2018 at 11:49 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Really nice stuff guys!!! Here is my offering, some updated pics of my man cave, I am out of room also, so only small stuff for the future lol I try to keep certain items together, WW2 German, Japanese, WW1, and some other stuff sprinkled in, organized clutter to the eyes but oozing history to the soul!!! enjoy!Ugly War Rooms?Ugly War Rooms?Ugly War Rooms?Ugly War Rooms?Ugly War Rooms?Ugly War Rooms?Ugly War Rooms?

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    Really nice stuff guys!!! Here is my offering, some updated pics of my man cave, I am out of room also, so only small stuff for the future lol I try to keep certain items together, WW2 German, Japanese, WW1, and some other stuff sprinkled in, organized clutter to the eyes but oozing history to the soul!!! enjoy
    Actually pretty well organised when you examine each photo. A really impressive collection.
    Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Actually pretty well organised when you examine each photo. A really impressive collection.
    Nick
    Max's room is impressive. Really nicely done. I enjoy seeing my old SA kepi too. Looks good. I have visited many war rooms...this is one of the nicer I have see.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast