Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Ugly War Rooms?

Article about: Like many of you, I am literally out of space to display. To the point that every nook and cranny in my war room is filled. My collection has also spilled over to other rooms much to my wife

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    It was when they were 5 and 7. Told them it was just for a a couple of years! Now they are 14 and 16. Daddy wins sometimes!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ugly War Rooms?
    P
    Many

"Still say Donald played the best Himmler in "The eagle has landed". Should have won the Academy award for that small part he played.
    D. "

I agree David. Donald Pleasance (I think that's the correct spelling) had a gift for portraying sinister un "pleasant" characters. Without raising his voice he could be intimidating.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I agree David. Donald Pleasance (I think that's the correct spelling) had a gift for portraying sinister un "pleasant" characters. Without raising his voice he could be intimidating.
    In real life he was a wireless operator on a Lancaster bomber in 166 Squadron, Royal Air Force and shot down over France, spending the rest of the war as a POW at Stalag Luft I.

MAP
    ?

Quote by earlymb View Post
    In real life he was a wireless operator on a Lancaster bomber in 166 Squadron, Royal Air Force and shot down over France, spending the rest of the war as a POW at Stalag Luft I.
    So a perfect fit for his role in "The Great Escape"

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by TWS View Post
    Well, my war room got ugly tonight. New shelving unit arrived and I worked up a sweat assembling it. Everything is helter skelter as I made room to lay out the parts and plow through the assembly. Good news is that I'm able to move a lot of my books out of the home office and into the war room now (the empty shelves will be filled with head gear). My "helper" tried to give moral support, but then decided he could become invisible by sticking his head under a camo parka. After I explained that camo doesn't work when only your head is concealed, he decided to come out.
    It's way too late to be up on a school night, but duty called.
    We don't like cats
    But very nice though.

Quote by rra227 View Post
    That is to neat. Not like the pile against the corner wall or the 6 Japanese bayonets hanging on a nail. 1 Japanese bayonet has a leather frog. Rich A. in Pa.
    Hey RichA Mate
    Really!!!! Gun me down Mate!!

TWS
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    We don't like cats
    But very nice though.
    I would imagine not.
    This kitty loves birdies though.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Hey RichA Mate
    Really!!!! Gun me down Mate!!
    Okaaay....

Two things.

1) Is that your dirty laundry?
    2) Are you holding the wall up with your feet?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Okaaay....

Two things.

1) Is that your dirty laundry?
    2) Are you holding the wall up with your feet?
    3) both

Quote by MAP View Post
    So a perfect fit for his role in "The Great Escape"
    After finding out Pleasance's wartime experience, director John Sturges requested technical advice and input on historical accuracy from him. Fellow actor Hannes Messemer, who played the German camp commandant, was a POW in Russia.

Pleasance also played a role in the sequel to The Great Escape (The Great escape 2: The Untold Story) where he, ironically, played the role of one of the executioners. Since he also played Himmler (who ordered the execution of the escaped POW's) I'm pretty sure he's the only actor that ever played the roles of victim, killer and mastermind of the same crime...

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast