Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Airborne veterans display at history event

Article about: Hi folks, I was at a WWII event in Hellertown, PA this past weekend. A veteran who was with the 17th Airborne glider group brought this display with his German souvenirs. I thought our forum

Default US Airborne veterans display at history event

Hi folks, I was at a WWII event in Hellertown, PA this past weekend. A veteran who was with the 17th Airborne glider group brought this display with his German souvenirs. I thought our forum members would like to see this collection and comment on the contents. NH

US Airborne veterans display at history eventUS Airborne veterans display at history eventUS Airborne veterans display at history event

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement US Airborne veterans display at history event
    P
    Many

?

Very nice!

?

Seeing a personnel collection of the Vet that brought it back. Can't Beat That!!!!! Did you get a chance to listen to his stories about how he acquired those items.

Semper Fi
    Phil

He collected them over time by trading back and forth with other soldiers. None of the items in this display were removed from an enemy soldier or casualty. However, some field equipment including belt and buckle not on display were personally removed from a Heer soldier and into his hands during Operation Varsity. I did not get to see them. They had a brief occupation period after the war where he acquired the items in the case. NH

?

He has nice stuff. Where in Hellertown? Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.