Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Article about: Hello, You have a great handle on the uniform and insignia. The uniform was in service for quite some time because of operations in that theater. A bush hat or patrol cap would be nice. Thes

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

You have a great handle on the uniform and insignia. The uniform was in service for quite some time because of operations in that theater. A bush hat or patrol cap would be nice. These uniforms also had nametapes, service tape sleeve insignia and qualification patches in O.D. when in Army use!! There is a nice setup at our local museum from a local vet. maybe I can get down there in the next few days and get some pictures for you. I have a couple of totes of this stuff in the basement to include night time camo parka and trousers.

Fred

2. # ADS

next an "ifak" individual first aid pack , again i have to thank opex for this little item ,its dated 1982 ,ive tryed my hardest to find the compass and first aid pack that goes with it but to no avail ,so for display purposes ive had to simply pack it outUS "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Fred Green
    ?

James,

I believe I have one here. I sent you a pm.

Fred

Great stuff there mate i really like the chocolate chip camo and those 83 dated pants must be quite rare, even the later dated stuff is getting harder to get hold of, i've been looking for pants sized Large/Regular and they can be found but at quite a hefty price for something so modern!...

sorry fred ive been busy typing ,thanks for the pm

?

Nice thread!

next the m17a2 gasmask and bag ,the m17 evolved into three models ,the m17 ,m17 a1 and the final a2 ,first introduced in 1959 up untill the early 1990's being replaced by he m40 ,unfortunately i could only source a late nam period m17a1 bag ,apart from the ink stamp i cant tell the differance ,its mounted on the left thigh again like much of the webbing its in od green ,the nbc hood is dated 1991US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Nice thread!
    many thanks doug

lc1 entrenching tool , used by nato forces and of course including us brits ,its a three part folding shovel ,how effective it was in the field i dont know but most likely used for digging fox holes ,any thing more might be a bit ambitious , ive mouted this on the alice pack as i believe it was never mounted on the beltUS "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The hood for the protective mask needs to be untied and lowered below the voicemitter and drinking tube and retied. Does your E-tool have a date and manufacturer on it?

Fred

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast