MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

USMC collection

Article about: This is USMC early and mid war. Early is the 1903 sprindfield with the 1941 pattern uniform. Most of the gear is WW1. The v44 is with an Australian made scabbard. Also is a rare collins mach

Default USMC collection

This is USMC early and mid war. Early is the 1903 sprindfield with the 1941 pattern uniform. Most of the gear is WW1. The v44 is with an Australian made scabbard. Also is a rare collins machete.

The second set is a USMC collection of raider gear and equipment...camo designed by the Magazine Better homes and Garden...canvas jungle shoes, 1928 Thompson, 20 round mag pouch and drum, ww1 grenade pouch, camillus stiletto, USMC canteen pouches and canteens from ww1.

I live in Alabama...hunting is a right...not a sport. As a kid the coveralls everyone wore were this same frog spot material. It was until the late 1980s the only camo hunters wore. When my freinds see this early WW2 camo they always comment it is what they wore growing up hunting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USMC collection   USMC collection  

USMC collection   USMC collection  

USMC collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement USMC collection
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: USMC collection

Very sharp looking set.

Very neat set.
    A quick question.
    The grenade pouch / bandoleer... How to carry it?
    I am not really into US stuff, and I have never seen anything like it before.

/Haug

It was worn across the chest or to the front side of the chest a little. It was meant to carry grenades in World War One. In the second world war the Marines used them for a while but they carried other things as well. cigarettes, grenades, small tools, parts, rations(smallthings like candy,gum etc)as well as ammo. I havent ever seen them or heard of them used past the early days of the Pacific war campaign...but I am sure they were used later as well. Today these can be found in mint condition often. Nothing rare about them but they are very nice peices of history

Quote by paragon man View Post
    It was worn across the chest or to the front side of the chest a little. It was meant to carry grenades in World War One. In the second world war the Marines used them for a while but they carried other things as well. cigarettes, grenades, small tools, parts, rations(smallthings like candy,gum etc)as well as ammo. I havent ever seen them or heard of them used past the early days of the Pacific war campaign...but I am sure they were used later as well. Today these can be found in mint condition often. Nothing rare about them but they are very nice peices of history
    Thanks. Nice to know. I have honestly never seen such an item before.

?

Very nice! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

I like the camo, It's getting hard to find now days,

Burt

Very nice! Can you tell us about the .03 spingfield and Thompson SMG? Are they live? Also, I can't really tell from the pictures... but I'm assuming that the grenades are proper WWII vintage? I saw some recently at a militaria show. They're expensive!!

?

The marine raider knife is a very hard one to get.
    I also like the crossflap canteens. Is the one with the black cap one of the black enameled ones?
    Nice setup.

thats some good stuff! i have tons of usmc canteens just love em!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast