Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USN Brown Water Navy during the Vietnam War

Article about: here's a simple Riverine Forces in Vietnam display PBR [Patrol boat, River] The crew of a PBR was four men -- A first class or chief petty officer, a gunner's mate, an engineman, and a seama

Default USN Brown Water Navy during the Vietnam War

here's a simple Riverine Forces in Vietnam display

PBR [Patrol boat, River]

The crew of a PBR was four men -- A first class or chief petty officer, a gunner's mate, an engineman, and a seaman. Each man was cross-trained to do the other man’s job if he was wounded or killed. PBRs operated in pairs and patrolled the various rivers and canals day and night. The PBRs searched sampans and junks for weapons and supplies. The Viet Cong were very good at concealing such material in even the smallest of boats. Only by thoroughly checking every boat could the flow of weapons and supplies be stopped.

USN Brown Water Navy during the Vietnam WarUSN Brown Water Navy during the Vietnam WarUSN Brown Water Navy during the Vietnam WarUSN Brown Water Navy during the Vietnam WarUSN Brown Water Navy during the Vietnam War

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement USN Brown Water Navy during the Vietnam War
    P
    Many

Very interesting. 'Nam can often be the forgotten war ( took 40 years before WW2 became 'sanitized' by Hollywood ) but there is so much interesting stuff surrounding it!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nice display.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

"Never get out of the boat..."

?

Question

I volunteered for the "Brown Water Navy" in 1967 but was turned down because I was an Aviation rate.
    I don't see anything in those photos that are BWN specific, except "Maby?" the helmets because of the insignia.
    Everything is common, generic issue.
    Sarge