Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

War Room Makeover; Then and Now

Article about: Lovely reading! You guys take the collecting and displaying to a new level. I joy to read. Thanks Laplander

?

Default re: War Room Makeover; Then and Now

Hi Steve it looks like you have some work ahead of you.The way you had the room looked great. Just one question how does the Titanic poster fit in with WWI aviation. Gary

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Room Makeover; Then and Now
    P
    Many

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Hi Steve it looks like you have some work ahead of you.The way you had the room looked great. Just one question how does the Titanic poster fit in with WWI aviation. Gary
    Hi Gary, the hardest thing is moving all of this stuff around. Taping, floating, and painting is a cake walk as I love to do it.

I can't really think of a snappy comeback about the Titanic/aviation relationship (or the lack thereof). So I will just give a straight answer - it doesn't.

I have loved anything relating to the Titanic since I was a young boy. Since I had a friend who was actually in the James Cameron movie 'TITANIC', well that opened up a new collecting opportunity for me. As a result of our friendship, I have private photos of the cast members behind the scenes, movie props and I have pieces of the ship that he retrieved after the set was totally destroyed after filming. I once had the prototype cherub from the grand staircase as well.

But, the reason why the very rare two-sided poster (obtained from the printer and was not supposed to be released to the public) is in my study, is that the wife hates the Titanic story, and doesn't enjoy seeing the items in the living room...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Steve I feel your pain my wife wont let me put my deer head in the living room either.

Progress has been very slow with the recent events concerning my wife and because I am doing all of the remodeling by my self, I have to work it in around my real job.

Here are a few photos of the further demolition/progress. I am going to replace the door and frame with a six panel one. The trim is going to be fluted rails with top and bottom trim blocks - stained Red Mahogany. Later, I will post photos of the crown molding I am going to install. It will also be stained Red Mahogany with corner blocks to accent the paint.

Hard to imagine right now, but it will get there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now   War Room Makeover; Then and Now  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here are the colors that I have chosen for my study..."Sweet Tea" for the walls and "Dark French Chocolate" for the trim and ceiling. I must have been hungry when I picked them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Right now, I have a ceiling fan in my study (which I hate), but I think I have found the right light fixture to compliment the look of the room...
    Attached Images Attached Images War Room Makeover; Then and Now 

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Looking good Steve , i like the fixture , awesome , im just painting the undercoat in my new room at the moment , hope all well on the family front , cheers mate Raymond

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    Looking good Steve , i like the fixture , awesome , im just painting the undercoat in my new room at the moment , hope all well on the family front , cheers mate Raymond
    Thanks Raymond, this really is a job, especially when I keep getting new ideas to make it look the best it possibly can. I think the part I like the least is applying primer, however, that is imperative to produce good results. Once I get past that, it is fun. The wife is doing better, thanks again.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is a shot of some of the components necessary to complete the look I am going for. As mentioned earlier, I am incorporating stained crown molding, along with corner blocks. The four tall corner blocks will be used for the baseboard trim. In between each block will be a 1 x 4 in white pine, stained the same Red Mahogany.

I know this is a bit boring right now, but in the end, these photos will serve as a visual project reference to show how much can be done with a small area.

I am saving a lot of money by doing all of the work myself and the total cost of the blocks shown is about $45. The white pine I will be using for the base boards cost about $3 per 8 ft. section, and the total cost of the roped crown molding will run about $85 - this is the most expensive element of the project, but the finished product will look like a million bucks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thumbs up Re: War Room Makeover; Then and Now

Hi Steve

Some terrific items you got there, A+ collection...

Greetz

Nick VR

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast