Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

War Room Makeover; Then and Now

Article about: Lovely reading! You guys take the collecting and displaying to a new level. I joy to read. Thanks Laplander

Default Re: War Room Makeover; Then and Now

Steven, it's looking bloody marvelous!! Especially love that cornice with extras.
    Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Room Makeover; Then and Now
    P
    Many

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Steven, it's looking bloody marvelous!! Especially love that cornice with extras.
    Tom
    Tom,

Thank you very much for the reply. I was starting to think I did a horrible job and no one wanted to laugh at me publicly... This is largest undertaking that I have attempted. This has taken a LOT of time. The Corner blocks and crown molding was very challenging as my house is over 100 years old and the wall corners are not perfectly square. Thank God I know how to float, tape, paint and design. I couldn't afford to have someone else do this kind of work.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Make no mistake Steven, I really can appreciate the amount of work that goes into a project such as this, having been part of the building trade for many years before turning to manufacturing furniture. Keep those photos coming! Look forward to seeing the overall effect once you're done. Only, please take some photos with natural light so that we can appreciate the outcome better.
    Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Make no mistake Steven, I really can appreciate the amount of work that goes into a project such as this, having been part of the building trade for many years before turning to manufacturing furniture. Keep those photos coming! Look forward to seeing the overall effect once you're done. Only, please take some photos with natural light so that we can appreciate the outcome better.
    Tom
    Thanks Tom,

I wish that I could capture the true colors, maybe it will be easier once all of the floor lamps are in place to properly light the areas. With the light from outside casting a bluish tint and the one fixture in the highest part of the ceiling, the true colors are lost. Looking at the photos on line, make the colors look very bright, but the actual effect is very warm. The ceiling in particular looks purple, while the actual is a deep burl color. Although there is s tinge of purple in the photos, but it is definitely not as apparent when viewed in person.
    Last edited by Steven M; 01-25-2010 at 06:44 PM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

The digital images can distort the true colours especially where inadequate lighting is concerned (or too much lighting) that's why I normally photo manage my pictures before posting. Photography is really not my thing. I look forward to your future photos.
    Tom

Looking REALLY good !

I love the coving...very nice touch

Steve T

?

haye steve thats room rocks realy nice job very classie how long has it taking you to get a collection like that ?

well dun mate!

Hi guys,

Thanks, Most of what you have seen in the first part of the thread is gone. I did have some really nice items that were collector for over 20 years, but it just wasn't focused.

When I finally post photos of the finished room with everything in place, you will see almost nothing of what I once had. I have replaced it all with WWI Aviation.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Now that I have all of the trim in place, the only thing left is flooring, after which, I will install the custom baseboards I am making which will be stained Poplar.

Here is a shot of one of the walls that I am starting to put together. The colors you see in THIS photo capture the truest shade of color compared to the other photos posted.

I have gained a lot of extra display area by removing the large banner that once occupied this area.

Before and after...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now   War Room Makeover; Then and Now  

Last edited by Steven M; 02-09-2010 at 02:05 PM.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

My study is almost complete now. Here are a few oblique photos until I am ready to post straight on shots of my displays...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast