Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

War Room Makeover; Then and Now

Article about: Lovely reading! You guys take the collecting and displaying to a new level. I joy to read. Thanks Laplander

Default re: War Room Makeover; Then and Now

This was after I changed things around a bit...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Room Makeover; Then and Now
    P
    Many

B-17 Pilot/Author group.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

A shot of a very special item. This was given to me by my friend Scott (Bugme).

This dog tag was worn by a Marine who had his attending nurse write his experiences in the book shown. The disc was one that he wore while in some of the hottest battles in which he was engaged. The book is initialed by the Marine (as his health was very poor) and the nurse signed the inside cover as well. Sadly, he is no longer with us...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

One of these days when I get everything finished and reorganized, I'll post an update here as a representation of my progression/digression (depending on your point of view) into collecting in other areas of history.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

a room with a view..nice collection. thanks for showing.

Thanks for posting this up!!! Great items.... Hope that Dogtag was an item you kept!
    Dan

a room with a view..nice collection. thanks for showing.
    Thanks very much.

Thanks for posting this up!!! Great items.... Hope that Dogtag was an item you kept!
    Hi, and thanks. Yes indeed, the only way that would ever leave me is if it was returned to the person who gave it to me.

I still have about 10% of the items you see. I do miss having some of the items, however, with the sale of the other pieces, I have been able to fund three incredible WWI aviation groupings, a cockpit from a downed German WWI aircraft and some other really rare aviation-related items.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Thanks for the tour, Steve !

You have some impressive and unique items ! !
    Anxiously awaiting the new look of your study...............

Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for the photos Steve , now that is a man's study , no girls allowed !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Brilliant pictures mate, thanks for sharing!

There's some stunning items there... I particularly like the medal sets (especially the purple hearts)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast