Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

"Webster Display" Half-mannequin/ Torso (with useful small chest size).

Article about: Hi, thought I would show this here. I've been looking for something like this for a while (understatement!), a torso that will display a smaller sized tunic, preferably with a head to displa

?

Default "Webster Display" Half-mannequin/ Torso (with useful small chest size).

Hi, thought I would show this here. I've been looking for something like this for a while (understatement!), a torso that will display a smaller sized tunic, preferably with a head to display a cap too. Webster Displays don't seem to have a shop anymore, but you can still buy them from their E-Bay shop here:-

Half Mannequin with head, Male face fleshtone heads items in MANNEQUINS by Webster Displays store on eBay!

The Flak fliegerbluse shown is an 84cm chest, my smallest uniform, and it fits perfectly well.

This is the "Herman" (their spelling) figure, the head is apparently modelled on a 3rd Reich period German 1930's mannequin, which is a nice historical touch. I also have the "Peter" (no hair) torso on the way. The moulded hair on the Herman head limits caps to 57cm or larger (56cm is just about possible). The "Peter" torso has a slightly smaller head size which should be good for those troublesome smaller caps....

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Webster Display" Half-mannequin/ Torso (with useful small chest size).   "Webster Display" Half-mannequin/ Torso (with useful small chest size).  

Attached Images Attached Images "Webster Display" Half-mannequin/ Torso (with useful small chest size).  "Webster Display" Half-mannequin/ Torso (with useful small chest size). 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Webster Display" Half-mannequin/ Torso (with useful small chest size).
    P
    Many

Thanks Paul, as you say these are not that easy to find but as I am also in the UK can I ask what did you have to pay for postage and how badly did HM Customs beat you up?
    Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi Mark, the shipping was $97 USD. They were listed originally as shipping to the US only. I messaged them and they said they would happily ship to the UK, and gave me the shipping quote. It seems like a lot but it came in a huge box (about 5 ft tall!), very well packed for protection so that's just what it costs. They aren't able to combine any postage if you buy more than one because they are so big.

One more thing, for some reason they weren't able to adjust their E-Bay shop to put the International shipping in (maybe they don't want too many international orders for whatever reason?), so I had to put in a bogus US address just to be able to order, paid the US shipping ($30) and then sent the difference ($67) to their PayPal address which worked fine. Best to contact them first if ordering so that it isn't shipped hastily to the bogus address!

I realize it seems like a lot to pay, but I've been looking for something just like this (to cater for my smaller tunics, with a head too) for such a long time I was prepared to jump through fire for it!

I'll PM you ref other info.

Regards, Paul