Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

wehrmacht stalingrad helmet display

Article about: thought i would have a go at a german 6th army battle for stalingrad headgear display as you can see they have picked up a soviet smg on the way ,the helmets are a mixture of m35's and m40's

Default Re: wehrmacht stalingrad helmet display

Those built in shelves look great, what a awesome display idea, can you mount the ppsh on the wall above the helmets? Or place it on its own shelf, it should be displayed alone because its a beautiful piece but I understand keeping it with the theme, just some food for thought.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wehrmacht stalingrad helmet display
    P
    Many

amazing.very good.thanks for posting

?

Outstanding display Skipper!!! I do think you need to bring the PPSh out from behind there. Maybe a MP40 would be a nice touch. The Pahpahsha needs to be next to some soviet helmets/equipment!
    Just my 2 centavos!!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

thanks for the great feedback guys ,i know what you mean ,its a shame to have the smg hidden at the back ,its trial and error at the moment , i do have a dedicated soviet display ill see what the smg looks like amongst those ssh 40's ,thank again james
    Regards James

Very nice collection congrats.

Very nice, James. Always love seeing the recessed shelves. Now to work on the lighting I keep bugging you about

Nice display! These are all Stalingrad lids?

AFAIK there is difficulty getting such items out of Russia these days as the authorities declare such relics to be historical artifacts and are likely to confiscate them at postal customs. Anything I get from Russia thus far is smuggled by hand out of the country and posted from the neighbouring country.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Nice display! These are all Stalingrad lids?

AFAIK there is difficulty getting such items out of Russia these days as the authorities declare such relics to be historical artifacts and are likely to confiscate them at postal customs. Anything I get from Russia thus far is smuggled by hand out of the country and posted from the neighbouring country.
    Is that a recent thing Glenn? - because I have got lids from sellers and members in Russia over the last year.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Interesting, maybe it is only the personal paranoia of the sellers concerned. I know as recently as a year ago I received items that have been posted from Norway and Finland and about 18 months ago a Stalingrad seller used the customs excuse as a reason he was not willing to sell me a relic lid.

Having said that, I have received various awards and items of kit posted directly out of Russia so I assumed it was only large items like helmets that would attract the attention of the customs people.

Glenn, I got same answer from several Russian sellers. It seems no one wants to ship abroad anymore, same applies to Ukraine as well. One of them even claimed that the seller will be held responsible and thus fined.

Cheers, Mads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast