Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

Article about: Hi .... my father was on the USS Saratoga and always told me the story as a kid of his most prized possession . How he was in the radio room where he worked and heard a plane crash above the

?

Default Re: WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

I have pondered selling it my entire life. You r right as to my Fathers courage but I would like it to go somewhere where it will be admired and enjoyed by all that are interested. It has been a closet for over 60 years and my kids would not appreciate it the way i do so rather have it discarded as junk I decided to pass it on to the highest bidder.....Pat R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

Here`s the emporers signature and seal,and the flag,can anyone find it on there?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.   WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Wow thanks I believe this is the battle from which this came. my dad was a radio operator. Does anyone know if one of these zeros crashed in the area of the radio room which was right below the top deck according to my dad...

Why dont you give it to the dead pilots family ? I'm sure your father would have liked that

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

HI again,
    I belive it was not hit near the radio station at list by looking at the following pics but it is just my idea

USS Saratoga (CV-3) Special Feature

?

Pat, can you please answer some of the queries put to you here? You have come onto the forum with a quite fanciful story to which there is a degree of scepticism about it. You then say the items are for sale to the highest bidder. This is not an auction site and there are procedures to follow if you wish to sell items here.
    I'm sorry if your items have not been received in the way you wished but please acknowledge the fact the story that goes with them is, to be honest, absurd.
    Please try and understand. A Radio Operator in a battle situation is at his station, a Kamikaze crashes into the deck above him. Does he continue at his post, obey orders to evacuate the area or decide to go and loot the pilot of the crashed aircraft? Would there be much left of the aircraft or pilot? Would the engine block not have been pushed back into the cockpit? Would the cockpit of the aircraft not be a mangled wreck of metal and human remains? Yet a completely intact photo album and flag are extracted from the wreckage with no sign that it's been in a plane crash or taken from the body of a dead man who must be bleeding from some point on his body.
    On top of that would your father ignore his shipmates who are desperately trying to put out fires, maintain control of a very stressful situation, ignore the wounded and not offer any help to them, his colleagues, potentially disobeying orders and deserting his station just to go see what's to be found in the middle of a plane crash which may or may not blow up at any second?
    Stories like this abound and those who have been around long enough know what a rat smells like. This is such a time. If your father and his honour means so much to you, why do you want to make a quick buck off the back of it? I'm sorry but until some fundamental questions can be addressed - by you - you will have to accept this sceptical reception to your thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I just saw blue prints that put the radio room on the upper deck exactly where a Kamakizi could have hit which would explain why my Father was right there.

Enogh Pat, please peddle your wares somewhere else !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi gents,

I've attached some scanned blueprints of the CV-3, I have all the decks in PDF format if anyone needs them PM me. Click for a full size image.

WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

I don't have time to go trough them at the moment to find the locations, as I have to go meet some friends soon but hopefully it will help with the identification of these items.

Page 6 has the radio station.

Enjoy,
    Nitram

?

Thank you for posting Nitram. The Main Radio Room seems to be midway up in the superstructure of the vessel and not below decks leaving a very small area above it for a plane to crash into. Is there any report of the ship being hit by a Kamikaze in that vicinity?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast