Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

Article about: Hi .... my father was on the USS Saratoga and always told me the story as a kid of his most prized possession . How he was in the radio room where he worked and heard a plane crash above the

Default Re: WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

Well, as I do not know anything about such relics I'm not going to say is it original or not. But in this discussion I personally support Adrian. About returning it it the family (if it is real) - i do not belive any word of Japan embassy was ready to buy it or they wanted to the museum. Sorry, but this story seems just BS. It is just like Germany is not interested for example awards of the crashed pilot. Belive me, they do not care at all and the best they can do is to support the funerals. Most of our forum members are form the USA or UK. For You WWII vets are heroes because they were in the victorious side. In Germany and Japan WWII vets are just a pain in ass for local politcans and nobody can openly say that that they were brave solders too. Sorry when my statement is politically uncorrect.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW II Kamakazi death flag signed by Emperor along with death photo album including hand written letters.

Well looks like Bob Coleman has solved the mystery the translation says its a fake.It happens to the best of us.

?

Read it again mate Bob is saying the enlarged photo of the seal is post war, that seal is not on the flag as far as i can see, thats why i asked the subsequent question

?

I just posted the seal as a sample to show it...Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I take it that the blow up of the seal is not the one on the flag in question. Regardless, it is likely that the seal is from a temple or shrine. The writing on the flag are names of friends of the owner.
    There is no way any of them would have signed something signed by Hirohito. There is also no evidence of the emperor's signature on this flag. As a living god, I would not expect to ever encounter his signature on a yosegaki. People at the time were never allowed to look directly at him as it was believed they would be blinded.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

As Nick said earlier-enough. There is absolutely no way that Hirohito would have signed any bauble or talisman for a suicide pilot to destroy along with himself. Just the destruction of a simple Signature of his would have been unthinkable. And, of course, what run of the mill Pilot would have had Any connection at All to the emperor? Maybe a extremely high ranking General or Admiral, but even That would have been questionable. This flag and album were not recovered from a suicide pilot's burning and blown up aircraft and remains. It's that simple. The flag is a normal common "good luck" flag and was, no doubt, recovered from a captured or dead Japanese serviceman-along with his loved one's photo album. Where and under what circumstances? No one can say, as it's now been "embellished" with this totally unbelievable "sell it story". It's true history is probably lost forever now. Perhaps a family name could eventually be recovered from the album and surviving family members contacted to verify that their ancestor was not a kamikaze pilot, but why bother, in any case. The original poster has lost any credibility he had by attempting this silly scenario.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks I did misunderstand.But can anyone read Japanese?

Quote by operaman View Post
    Thanks I did misunderstand.But can anyone read Japanese?
    I can read some. What I can not, my wife can usually read.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

This thread is fascinating -- a mixture of mystery and history. It reads like a chapter out of Sherlock Holmes, and shows just how engaged, ethical, and knowledgeable military collectors can be. Cheers to all. Uncle Paul

?

To everyone that has been following this thread... it has not been me answering it.... I just made an entirely new post with updated facts.... please leave all new post on that one...... thanks Pat R

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast