Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 and WW2 assorted badges

Article about: Hi all. I have decided to upload a couple of pics of most of my civilian war related badges. I am sure that most of these are familiar to British collectors, although there may be a few here

Default WW1 and WW2 assorted badges

Hi all. I have decided to upload a couple of pics of most of my civilian war related badges. I am sure that most of these are familiar to British collectors, although there may be a few here that are not, and those in other countries may not have seen many of these before. I have tried to describe these as best I can. Also, I would like to invite other members to post their badges. Cheers.
    Pic 1, Left to Right:
    Home guard member’s badge. I believe this is the earlier type. Button hole type. No markings.

Territorial Army Member’s Badge. Button hole type. Numbered 375675.

Enamel Observer Corps badge. Button hole type. I think these were made of silver? Manufactured by Philips of Aldershot.

For Loyal Service badge. Button hole type. This badge was to show that the wearer was a veteran who had been discharged through injury. No markings.

Small ARP (Air Raid Precautions) badge. Button hole type. Marked SILVER.

Large ARP badge. Button hole type (there was also a pin back version for female members). Solid silver, hallmarked on reverse.

Metropolitan Police War Reserve Badge. Button hole type. For members who joined MP as reservists during the war. Manufactured by J. R. Gaunt, London.

Civil Defence Corps bade. Pin back type.

Post war Industrial Civil Defence Service badge. Button hole type. Manufactured by: W. Reeves and Co. Ltd. Birmingham.

Another version of the Civil Defence badge. Button hole type. No markings.

Another (later?) version of the Home Guard member’s badge. Button hole type. No markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 and WW2 assorted badges  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 and WW2 assorted badges
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1 and WW2 assorted badges

And some more. Left to right:

Woman’s Land Army bade. Pin back type. No markings, thin brass construction.

WW1 Canadian Expeditionary Force badge for Service at the Front. Screw back type. On the back is “Penalty for misuse 500 Dollars or six month imprisonment”. Numbered 119346.

Comrades of the Great War badge. Button hole type. WW1 veterans association badge. Manufactured by J. R. Gaunt, London. Numbered 214422.

WW1 Central Association Voluntary Training Corps badge. Button hole type. For membership in WW1 version of the Home guard.

On War Service badge. Pin back type. 1916 dated. Manufactured by : Wylie and Co. London. Numbered: 329825

RAF veterans badge, 128 Maintenance Unit. Button hole type.

Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve badge. Button hole type. Marked SILVER.

RAF Comforts Committee Voluntary Worker badge. Pin back type.

Womans Royal Voluntary Service Trainer badge. Pin back type.

National Hospital Service Reserve Badge. Pin back type.

Unknow badge, although it is presumed it means V for Victory which is also spelled out in Morse code. Button hole type. Numbered 9081/ 41.

Unknown badge. Seems to be to do with French Resistance, possibly veteran’s badge? Button hole type. I also have an identical badge with a pin back.

Kelvin Works badge. Button hole type. I do not know if this is to do with the war but is clearly some form of worker’s badge.

National Savings (?) badge. Button hole type. Numbered 21 777.

Womans Royal Naval Service badge. Pin back type.

51st Highland Division veterans (?) badge. Pin back type.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 and WW2 assorted badges  

I believe the diamond shaped badge with "NS" is a S.African National Service Badge.

Tom

Cheers Tom, looks like you are correct. Thats very good news as I liked it because it was old but didnt think it really fit in with my collection. Thank you

Pleasure. Here's my contribution to this thread.

Tom

Very nice. What is the CPS one?

That's the S.A Civilian Protection Services lapel badge, the BBD is the same, but in Afrikaans - Burger Beskermings Diens.

Tom

Here are the cap & collars worn by the different sections of the CPS/BBD.
    Sorry for the quality of scan.

Tom

Great to see this stuff, as I know virtually nothing about SA items