Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 Collection (North Carolina, USA)

Article about: I have been collecting WW2 Militaria for only a few short months, since June 2011, when I bought my first item in an antique store while browsing for old books. That moment started a chain r

Default WW2 Collection (North Carolina, USA)

I have been collecting WW2 Militaria for only a few short months, since June 2011, when I bought my first item in an antique store while browsing for old books. That moment started a chain reaction and I have been collecting ever since. I have always had a deep fascination with WW2 and I am a big fan of shows like Pawn Stars and American Pickers. I am currently a college student majoring in History, so money and time are a little tight and I haven't been able to buy any top of line items just yet. These pictures are of my collection in its current state (August 31, 2011), and I plan on adding new pictures and descriptions with each new item that I receive. I will also tell where I got a particular item and the price that I payed for it.

Scroll down for more pictures
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 10-19-2012 at 03:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Collection (North Carolina, USA)
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 Collection (North Carolina, USA)

WW2 Collection (North Carolina, USA)WW2 Collection (North Carolina, USA)

(from Left to Right)

1. AFH US 1942 M1 Garand bayonet

I got this bayonet from a local pawn shop here in Hickoy, NC for $40.00. The bayonet is in decent condition, but the scabbard is pretty beat up.

2. UC US M1 Garand bayonet

This bayonet is a post 1943 example because of the lack of a date (They discontinued dating bayonets that year). It could be WW2 or Korean War era. As you can see it is in much better condition than my other one. I bought this one a couple months ago for $60.00 on eBay.

3. USN MK1 Cammillus NY

This is my favorite of all the knives I have. It has a personalized sheath (E.W). I bought this blade on eBay as well for around $80.00

4. Cattaraugus 225Q

The ricasso area markings have been completely worn off on this knife, but I believe it is a Cattaraugus 225Q. I picked it up at a local antique shop for $60.00.

congrats on the start of collecting. Watch your bank account!

Red face Re: WW2 Collection (North Carolina, USA)

This is a WW1 French Coup Coup Machete issued to the French Colonial infantry troops. It saw action mainly in Africa/Asia. It was in service from WW1 all the way to Vietnam. Another interesting fact, this is the same machete used by Quint in the movie Jaws. I purchased this machete on eBay for about $80.00 via Best Offer. I am planning on studying abroad in France to earn my MA in History, so you can understand my interest in French Militaria. France usually is the butt of the jokes because of its quick surrender during WW2. (EX: why do French tanks have rear view mirrors? So they can see the battle front. EX2: How many Frenchman does it take to defend France? Nobody knows because they never tried.) But let me remind you, the French resistance provided vital information to the Allies during the war. Some people might argue that the Normandy landings may not have even been possible without the French resistance.

"Come on Chief, this isn't no boy scout picnic!"

1) True Temper 1945 US
    2) British Martindale 1945

WW2 Collection (North Carolina, USA) 1)US canteen 2)British Canteen

WW2 Collection (North Carolina, USA) 1)Japanese Canteen

Hi, that is a great start indeed, you have some fine pieces there.
    Do you have some photos of the armbands?
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Nice collection, you certainly have some interesting blades

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

very nice collection could we please see the other items in close up especially the tr armbands and helmet

very nice start mate you got some intersting items

tom

impresive start

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast