MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German badges

Article about: Unfortunately, SS cross is fake... Originals have far better details (sharp letters, smooth and uniform width of rim ...), no pitting (sign of sloppy casting in a mold - originals were stamp

JAWS10
    ?

Default WW2 German badges

Hello to all ,

I am new here and maybe there is someone who can help me discovering something.......I have 2 ww2 german badges whis photo I will put and I dont know what they represent and from which unit of german army so if there is someone who know what its about......please HELP!!!!

Thanks.....Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German badges   WW2 German badges  

2. # ADS

Default Re: WW2 German badges

Hi there,welcome to the forum. As far as i'm aware they're fantasy pieces,sorry. Stewy S

I have to agree.....Sorry - these were never issued during the TR....they were made up afterwards and are fantasy pieces. The bottom one looks a little like the medal awarded for service in the SS.....Top one doesn't look like anything I've seen before.

Rob

JAWS10
    ?

Guys......

thanks very much for you answers, my grandfather was in WW2 from beginning and he left behind him a box with 10 different german badges so I cant be 100 % sure but 99 % I am sure he couldnt took anything after the war because in our country ( yugoslavia now serbia ) it was forbiden to have anything connecting with germany and if I can remember when he talk about war he took all that from german prisoners......so the first one which I couldnt find anywhere on net what it means, is from the WW2.......

?

The second one is SS long service cross - if it would be original, it's worth lots of money. But from what I see, it's probably a copy. More detailed pics from different sides &angles would be necessary. The first one is probably a fantasy piece.

JAWS10
    ?

Ok guys I am putting other side of this SS medal........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German badges  

?

Hi, nr1. phantasy product, nr.2 very bade fake of ss service medal.

br pzb14

The SS Swaz is too pitted & uneven to be anything but a copy,sorry. Stewy S

One thing I learned early on in this hobby is that you have to go with the item....not the story behind it. These pieces are not from ww2....sorry....

Rob

but the story of the items is great!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German badges  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast