Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup

Article about: Hello, everyone. I got this lot of uniforms two days ago off of an ad on CraigsList. The Ike jackets, pants and shirt with tie all belong to one veteran (the sellers father). Two of the Ike

Default WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup

Hello, everyone. I got this lot of uniforms two days ago off of an ad on CraigsList. The Ike jackets, pants and shirt with tie all belong to one veteran (the sellers father). Two of the Ike jackets are from the later 40's and the seller believed her father may have bought them as spare jackets to wear in the local Veteran's Day parades. The third Ike jacket still has the outlines for her father's ribbon bars and CIB badge, but those were all removed long ago and no one knows where they are. The WWI uniform and two VFW uniforms belong to the same veteran, who was the sellers grandfather. Unfortunately, the insignia buttons for the WWI uniform were removed and their whereabouts are unknown, if they weren't lost many years ago. I will post some better photos in a few days when I have access to my Nikon. Enjoy for now!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup   WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup

Very nice group of uniforms. was the family willing to share any
    history of the men who wore these.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice group of items,even better with a bit of back ground information to go with them.I'm guessing you have a very large wardrobe!!!

wow, nice pile o' goodies there Todd, you need to visit a store that is closing down and buy all their mannequins

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Very nice group of uniforms. was the family willing to share any
    history of the men who wore these.........?
    Thanks, Steve. We did talk a little about her father and grandfather. She was not as certain on the details about her grandfather but believed he went into service around september 1918 and was in te medical corps, which he knew nothing about. She knew a little more about about her father. He went into Normandy on June 7. She thinks he commanded a mortar team but did not know how far into Europe he got. We are continuing to correspond by email for more information. Her mother is still alive but her father has passed. As typical with many veterans he didn't speak much about it and she never wanted to ask. Now she regrets that. I will let everyone know what more information I gather. She is going to ask her mother what more she knows.

Edit: side note, my 2000th post! Hooray!! lol

?

Very nice score friend.
    The WWI uniform has 2 overseas stripes which means he was probily in France in early 1918.
    The shoulder is an advanced sector patch.

I'm going to add some more pics as I get them cropped and uploaded. Here are a few more of the WWI uniform. This is my favorite uniform of the group.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup   WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup  

WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup   WWI & WWII US Uniform Lot Pickup  

?

advance sector is a little different at first I thought the same but it would have an a, possibly it is for intelligence sector

Now, here are the VFW uniforms that belonged to the WWI veteran, whose uniform is shown above. He had two VFW uniforms. Both dated during WWII. An interesting combo. There was a lot of history in this family!