Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

c scope cs4pi metal detector

Article about: Hi Can any one tell me if a pulse induction metal detector will work inland?It seems to find any thing and everything on the beach but opinions seem mixed about field use.I just wondered if

?

Default c scope cs4pi metal detector

Hi Can any one tell me if a pulse induction metal detector will work inland?It seems to find any thing and everything on the beach but opinions seem mixed about field use.I just wondered if it was worth giving it a go
    Many Thanks

Default Re: c scope cs4pi metal detector

Hi Lew,
    I have an old C Scope detector and have had it form years now, i use it on an old airfield and other places i have to detect. Also i live near beaches here in cornwall and use it there, It seems to work on both area,s with no trouble, hope this helps.
    dave.

I have never used a pulse induction MD but have heard good things about them. I suggest you give it a blast inland, and maybe take someone with you with a 'normal' MD and have a little competition. See who can find the most !

Steve T

PS Let us know how you get on

Hi Lew, My uncle owned a Garret Sea Hunter MK2 (underwater PI machine) We once took it on a metal detecting rally because my old man didn't have a machine so he used it. he said it worked fine apart from the fact you have to dig signals every 2 seconds because of the amount of iron in the ground.

John

Russ 3
    ?

yes is the answer it will find as much as another detector plus deeper stuff .it wont discriminate, but once you use it a fair bit you will get to recognise clear short sharper tones for say, coins while iron gives a longer fuzzier tone but its down to practise. even with a normal detector in the uk its best not to use too much discrimination anyway , you could be leaving roman bronze etc.dont forget as well you can go inland on waterlogged ground and any dodgy mineralised area where others may struggle.anyway enjoy yourself mate, and get a light, long handled spade, youll be doing a fair bit of digging, but thats half the fun.