Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diving for relics

Article about: Im thinking of using my diving skills in the relic hunting business. What should I think about regarding diving in small lakes and ponds? Dangers and so on? Maybe I will visit datrus and bri

Default Diving for relics

Im thinking of using my diving skills in the relic hunting business.

What should I think about regarding diving in small lakes and ponds? Dangers and so on?

Maybe I will visit datrus and bring my scuba gear

?

Default Re: Diving for relics

After ww2 german pows used to dump explosives++ in every pond avaliable. So be careful, if it goes "BOM" you most likely will be on the top of the 50m high waterfontern and you will be spread over a wide area. Only the seagulls will appreciate this effort.

Go on Youtube and look at DirtyDiverDiver (i think it was that name), then you can see how he is picking "gold" from waters all over in Germany.
    --

I prefer not to give any advices to perfom such work, just in case you become "Carne Molida". I have found some dangerous items that i now in my older years cannot understand i dared to even touch...

Be careful, it is not fun to be blind or crippled for a piece of rusted m24

I've seen a lot of videos of people doing it my advice would be Magnet fishing you just tie a really strong magnet to a rope and drag it along till you find something

?

My magnet is tightly connected to a very heavy object deep under the sea. I used a neodym 750kg magnet.

One day i hope to find out what fish i actually have caught.......

Thanks for the advises.

Magnet fishing is not my cup of Tea though. I want to choose what i Bring up in the air.

The bigest "danger" in Ostfront lakes and ponds is that You will not see anything - visibility is like 50 cm. And most items are covered with mud and also in relic condition.

Here i've been watching these guys videos for years they dive and regular medal detect this video is my favorite
    Die Büste - YouTube

Perhaps you should contact Kiwiwreckdiver, a well-known member of this Forum...I'm sure he can give you some practical advice.
    Good luck with your endeavor...
    cheers, Glenn

Thanks for the advice.
    Was thinking of doing it with a metaldetektor.
    Must be some lakes with good visibility in Germany or ostfront country's.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Perhaps you should contact Kiwiwreckdiver, a well-known member of this Forum...I'm sure he can give you some practical advice.
    Good luck with your endeavor...
    cheers, Glenn
    so could forum member 85ronnies thee old scouser is a relic/diver also, and a good guy only happy to help anybody!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast