Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you defend against the mosquitoes and ticks?

Article about: I like being in long clothes; i have nothing against long pants in the summer but i just need to have short or no sleeves when there is +5000 degrees oustide. Are vaccinated against ticks? I

Default How do you defend against the mosquitoes and ticks?

I like being in long clothes; i have nothing against long pants in the summer but i just need to have short or no sleeves when there is +5000 degrees oustide.
    Are vaccinated against ticks?

Ive recently got a lot of these anti bug bands, has anyone used them?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How do you defend against the mosquitoes and ticks?   How do you defend against the mosquitoes and ticks?  

Don't use shampoo or body wash during a shower before you go outside. Mosquitoes are attracted to fragrances on the skin.

lol... I love that the package appeals to the typical mosquito-burdened sentry.

Unfortunately, the main thing that mosquitoes are drawn to is carbon dioxide, or your Breath, in other words. We used to experiment with them-we would see one sailing around and would blow out our breath in one direction and then sit and watch the mosquito turn in it's tracks and follow it right back to us. Not much that you can do about it if you want to still breath. High content DEET actually works about the best, but some people are afraid of it. Personally, I've never had a problem using it. We've watched mosquitoes homing in on a place to land on your arm and turn right around and leave as soon as they noticed the DEET. About the only thing I've ever heard questionable about DEET is it can on rare occasion cause trouble for very young children, but even so, we've used it for decades here with no troubles.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

DEET,mossie net or torching the forest before digging is the only thing that Works
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Oil of citronella or oil of spike lavender work well for me, get it from the local chemist.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I know what to do.

Sorry about the first one I clicked the wrong image. Hmm... I seem to have royally messed this up somehow
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How do you defend against the mosquitoes and ticks?  

?

Simple, a Flame Thrower.. works everytime. LOL But in Canada, up North the Mossies are 2nd to black flies!!!
    Do not use anything with smells in it, in the old days the lumber jacks and railway men used bacon grease.
    There are some good anti Mossie stuff, but those damned black flies take no notice..and they are REALLY Bad

Dean O
    Canada

Native Americans used to smear Bear fat over themselves(including their Hair..)....which works fine, if you're not planning to go out for a night on the town later...or Ever...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Eat Garlic.
    The Garlic comes out through your sweat, and the bugs hate it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast