Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Magnets in detecting?

Article about: This is the one - they have however downgraded it to 120kg :-) supermagnete - R-60-06-30-N: Ring 60/6*mm H 30*mm

HVK
    ?

Default Re: Magnets in detecting?

This is the one - they have however downgraded it to 120kg :-)

supermagnete - R-60-06-30-N: Ring 60/6 mm H 30 mm

I just noticed that they have them at my local hardware store, I need one in my holiday, so I will buy one tomorrow.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

I have a 60kg lift one bought online, from a store in the UK. Not had a chance to use it yet but I did have the common sense to attach a 100kg breaking strain 'rope' to it

Steve T

I bought a 50 kg lift magnet just before I left, I will try to lower it into a crack where they have built a brick wall, the daughter of the guy who built the wall claims they put parts from an Fw-190 A-3 in there, so it is better with a magnet than digging out the whole place just to look.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

?

I bought one a while ago but never used it. The idea was to use it in old wells, since we have plenty around. But again you'll never know what you may bring up.
    Regards

Matt

peeter66
    ?

Hi, Inf Div 121 ,you mentioned something about magnets you can provide.Please release some info,I will come and pick it up myself.

Thank you

?

I have one question: how about the duration of these magnets? will they loose their power after a while? how to properly keep them?
    Regards

Matt

peeter66
    ?

Demagnetization
    Rare Earth magnets have a high resistance to demagnetization, unlike most other types of magnets. They will not lose their magnetization around other magnets or if dropped. They will however, begin to lose strength if they are heated above their maximum operating temperature, which is 176°F (80°C) for standard N grades. They will completely lose their magnetization if heated above their Curie temperature, which is 590°F (310°C) for standard N grades. Some of our magnets are of high temperature material, which can withstand higher temperatures without losing strength.

?

Thanks Peeter
    By reading the seller's website I've learnt that neodimium magnets last almost forever,taken some precautions
    Regards

Matt

leonfilms
    ?

i just bought 130kg lift magnet off ebay. will let you know how i get on with it in france

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast