Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Metal detector shoes

Article about: Well, why not? I thought about them, but they actually already do exist. Would be great to try them out, especially in areas where they don't allow you to search with metal detectors. This w

?

Red face Metal detector shoes

Well, why not? I thought about them, but they actually already do exist.

Would be great to try them out, especially in areas where they don't allow you to search with metal detectors. This would be pretty unobtrusive. But would it work? this model can locate metal 2 feet deep:

The Metal Detecting Sandals - Hammacher Schlemmer

Default Re: Metal detector shoes

ha ha ha ha ... think I might like a more suitable model for climbing through brambles and wet grass and I'm not digging through hard ground with those on!

Mouse

?

Lol ...

Quote by Sasha View Post
    Well, why not? I thought about them, but they actually already do exist.

Would be great to try them out, especially in areas where they don't allow you to search with metal detectors. This would be pretty unobtrusive. But would it work? this model can locate metal 2 feet deep:

The Metal Detecting Sandals - Hammacher Schlemmer
    Can one can then assume that you condone breaking the law by these comments? Would you also consider trespass on private property as fair game also? It's things like that that give detectorists a bad name, just when their hobby has started gaining legitimacy in historical/archaeological circles, bad form old boy.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Strictly speaking, they are still technically metal detectors......

Can't see them being popular with those who do with mine clearance, if you're lucky you might get a bleep to let you know you're about to be blown up

Thanks

Danny

LOL Danny! Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Kaboom!

My fav Combat photographer (Robert Capa) could have done with a pair of them.

But on a more serious note. They look like the kind of gimmicky cARp that you get in those 'Betterware' catalogs they put through your door... 2 feet, surely this is only going to ever be two feet from when your foot is on the ground. Breaking the law aside. Can you ever seen anyone from this forum walking up and down with a pair of these on. And, lets assume you do want to try and get away with some illegal metal detecting (not that I'm condoning that or defending that) I'm sure you could wear these and not be noticed... but, either you wont dig anything that these pick if, or you do dig in which case people might notice your spade and you might as well just carry a normal MD, and plus your going to look completely mental waving you foot around like your doing a weird dance while you try and pin point somethings location. However, if someone does get a pair, please please please bring them to War and Peace so I can laugh at you

Mouse

englander
    ?

oh dear ha ha,walking around in a field with a spade pretending your not metal detecting.

?

Quote by Sasha View Post
    this model can locate metal 2 feet deep:
    Pun intended?

The product sure is a great thought, but that's it.

Well even if they don't work, the magnetic field they generate would probably help your arthritic ankles!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Was only talking about these today .. lol !!!! =)) Was driving past the Magna Carta at Runnymede ...said if we got a pair would we be noticed doing a funny walk across the field ! Thinking about it now ...we'd look like John Cleese in Fawlty Towers ! 8-} =))