Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New To detecting!

Article about: Dan Great ! To help you out, here is a link to the 'How to' guide I did for posting pictures Post your pics in the Battlefield archaeology forum http://warrelics.eu/forum/technical-...w-guid

Default Re: New To detecting!

it takes a while to get the hang of it keep practicing. You can always get a pintpointer prob as well they are very usfull when locating smaller item. Looking forward to seeing what you find

John

As WH says, you will get used to it.

I have always got by without a pinpointer. I must admit, sometimes when detecting in sand I spend more time than I should trying to pinpoint a small object, but that's all part of the excitement !!

Steve T

?

Quote by Steve T View Post
    As WH says, you will get used to it.

I have always got by without a pinpointer. I must admit, sometimes when detecting in sand I spend more time than I should trying to pinpoint a small object, but that's all part of the excitement !!

Steve T

You could always do what I used to do and that was to take a fine grilled soil riddle with me!

Regards etc

Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy

Where about's are you from Jay, I'm working on an amazing site in Oxford. If you can get to it, I can guarantee you lots of military cartridges and other bits and bobs when you get lucky. If you ever want to join me, the company would be good.

Let me know, if your interested.

But my little baby garrett finds stuff well and haven't been able to justify an upgrade yet. But, I did buy a pinpointer to help, as it just made things so much easier for me. although I have become very dependent on it.

Dan (aka Mouse)

?

sorry mate only just seen your reply!
    would love to join you in oxford i am only in milton keynes so well up for that !many thanks for your kind offer

?

Can i just say a quick thank you to dan (dangermouse) for a top day in oxford !
    found a fair few bits and had a good laugh albeit mostly at the state of my hole digging !

Glad you got some stuff and had a good day.

Hole digging is an art.....takes years of practice I mean.....have a look at my signature

Don't forget to post pics of your finds. I'd love to see them

Steve T

It was a great day. The finds couldn't come out of the ground fast enough in one place.... why I had the idea to move to a different spot I'm not sure.But, I do remember saying things like "oh goody another rifle head" "oh look another head" "sigh, rifle head" but then after moving all we found was crap and ended up with a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong walk back! and I do mean long!

But,had some great little new finds for my site.

And yes, your hole digging was very amusing! Especially that one massive one that was beginning to look like a trench. But, as Steve said, its an art... one that I haven't perfected either.

I still think you did very well though for a newbie without a pinpointer. There's to much skill needed to go diggin' without one of those.

And a big thank you back, both for being the driver, the coke and the company. Roll on two weeks.

Quote by dangermouse View Post
    ....... I do remember saying things like "oh goody another rifle head" "oh look another head" "sigh, rifle head" ............
    LOL ! Sounds like my brother when I took him to the WW2 range I know of. He was incredibly chuffed at his first 303 cartridge. 3 hours later I heard him mumble..... 'Oh goody....another bloody 303'. 10 more minutes passed. This time it was 'For Christ sake is that all there is here bloody 303s !!!'.

There's just no pleasing some people. You'd have thought he would've appreciated 200 303 cartridges, (all WW2 dated), in 4 hours a little more

Get some pictures posted up the pair of you !

Did you take any pictures of of jayh's open cast mining attempt ??

Steve T

I will try and sort out cleaning of my bits and then try and work out how you post pics. Steve, I will send you the usual pic of my bits as normal.
    I'm slacking on cleaning and sorting as been feeling like crap since I got back on Sunday. Didn't even go into work today.

I now wish so much I had taken some pics, I always forget my new phone has a decent camera on it. Next time I promise, that if he starts his own new channel tunnel again I will take some pics.

Dan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast