Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

New To detecting!

Article about: Dan Great ! To help you out, here is a link to the 'How to' guide I did for posting pictures Post your pics in the Battlefield archaeology forum http://warrelics.eu/forum/technical-...w-guid

Default Re: New To detecting!

Dan

Great ! To help you out, here is a link to the 'How to' guide I did for posting pictures Post your pics in the Battlefield archaeology forum

New picture posting feature - How to guide !

Cheers

Steve T

Yay, ok. New topic started in Battlefield arch... "my little site in Oxford" Three pics of my bits from Sunday. Steve, could you identify the weird things for me please. I think they are something from a grenade, but not really sure. First pics is a close up of one. albeit a bad close up.

I got my first 9mm and .45 head. That did get me excited. Anyways, see the new thread and Jay, I would be very interested to see your bits cleaned up. Also, I seem to have two sizes of rifle head? I'm guessing maybe 30-06 and .303 Have you got the two sizes also?

hi, dont mean to hijack your thread but do metal detectors pick up rusty corroded objects?

Yeah, sadly though do, I have found lots of misc rusty crap. What on you planning on looking for?

Most detectors have a 'Discrimination' function which basically means you can tune out rusty crap if you don't want it.

Steve T

id be looking for rusty relics from ww2 (exept mines and bombs) theres a few dumps where I found lancaster parts so a MD would help me more I reckon. (FYI its not a crash site and if it were, I would leave the "grave" well alone)

Ive only had 1 metal detector years ago as a xmas gift but it was a pretty lame cheap one, was more considered a "toy" really.

As im basically new what model would people recommend? and I do NOT want a rubbish starter one, would like one that is awesome for detecting relics etc

thanks, not sure if I should of asked here or made my own thread? sorry

brataccas

There are a couple of threads in this section of the forum that already deal with this very issue Go have a look.......they have some excellent information.

Which metal detector do you use and why?

Advice on which detector

Cheers

Steve T

?

Hello everyone, so I just got my Minelab X-Terra 705 a couple of days ago and decided to try it out around my parents farm, and I must say, I'm very pleased by how my x-terra works so far. I have not found anything related to ww2 and I probably won't (since I live in Sweden). I thought it could be a good idea to learn how to use my md before I head out to the other parts of Europe

But I still think I've made two interesting finds, a copper coin from 18**, couldn't make out the rest, but I will try and clean it. Do you guys have any tips on how to clean copper? One side of the coin was only a green mess...

My 2nd find was this, an old axe. I have no idea how old it is, but I hope to see some qualified guesses here . I'll upload some better pics once I'm done cleaning it. I found it in a pretty thin forest about 1,5 mile from my parents farm.

New To detecting! New To detecting! New To detecting! New To detecting!

Regards

Paul

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3