Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Warning: detecting in Belgium!

Article about: A dealer here in Wales had a lot of his stock confiscated after a guy sold him some items taken illegaly off an army range. Again it was up to the dealer to prove that any items which he had

Davies373
    ?

Default Re: Warning: detecting in Belgium!

A dealer here in Wales had a lot of his stock confiscated after a guy sold him some items taken illegaly off an army range. Again it was up to the dealer to prove that any items which he had, had not been taken off the range.

Love that "guilty till u can prove innocent" approach,, Stalin would be proud. Thankfully i dont live on that crummy little island anymore, and being a Brit it pains me to say that.

Furthermore, you can't argue with the authorities as they just arrest you for public order offence
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-11-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Inappropriate word removed.

?

3 months in prison, that is just insane... They should just be happy someone is taking up and preserving this historical items, and removing the dangerous things.

3 months in prison for preserving history, but its the law and everyone must follow it. Break the law, and the law breaks you.

?

Just bear in mind that inappropriate terminology of law enforcement officers will result in infractions being dealt out and/or the person using such terms will be banned or suspended.

Many members are in the law enforcement line of work and will not appreciate being called names here on the forum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

nicor123
    ?

this are the main rules for digging in Belgium:
    u NEVER!!! dig at night, its suspicous and ull get arrested guaranteed. + fine, confiscation of finds, detector etc.
    u never dig at a archeological site, or cities wich are archeolical protected wich are many in BE ( old roman cities f.e. Tongeren etc)....
    now when u go WWII relic hunting in the south of BE (aka batlle of the bulge). the law states that EVERY!!! WWII found must be brought at the local authoraties, wich will decide if u can keep it or not.
    (dont go to the police for every bullet u find but... , weapons, vehicles , bombs !! must be verified by the authoraties, if u dont... well lets say ur taking a big risk

i live in belgium and detecting so its illegal here to hunt but if you are nice to the people and fill your hole's back you digg is everything ok .

?

I work for a government guys. All I can say is do not fark with their BS. We aren't all like that, but the paper pushers will always seek to stitch you up, no mater how honorable your intentions! The govy grunts on the ground will understand what you are doing, but the BS managers won't.

Always strive to do things by the law, if that doesn't work, reconsidier if it's worth it. If it is, use someone you trust!

I don't understand why these are laws in certain countries. They are trying to save history and pass it on to someone who will care for it. If someone doesn't do this, it will rot away forever....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2