Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What is the Law for relic hunting in Belgium?

Article about: Hi all, I have a couple of questions so here it goes. In the sticky with this type of information both links say awaiting further information. I will be going to Belgium in June 2010 and wou

Default Re: What is the Law for relic hunting in Belgium?

I'm sure we could find somewhere closer to London... although further away for me! Lol! That wouldn't matter though.... would be great to do a team dig!

Well, I know of a little beauty of a B-17 base that is 50 miles from London and has hardly been picked over at all due to it's location and the distance from a major town

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Well, I know of a little beauty of a B-17 base that is 50 miles from London and has hardly been picked over at all due to it's location and the distance from a major town

Steve T

?

Quote by Steve T View Post

You can take anything that isn't live on the plane with you, but please be prepared to be searched. A suitcase full of scrap metal is bound to attract interest

Steve T
    Coming back from digging in Eastern Europe and Russia i haven't had too much problem as long as you don't try, as already been said and bring back anything live , all sorts has gone through in our bags without any problems or if in doubt we post it.

I once had Five German helmets in my rucksack, they went through the scanner they got them out had a look at them and then sent me on my way with my helmets ! !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Guys,

This all sounds good, now I just have to work out the fine details of the trip. I suppose that as time gets near the college will have a set itinerary. Once I know what is going to happen I will have to see when I can get away from the group to dig.

Also I will be trying to get approval to dig in Luxembourg and Belgium. I will keep everyone posted as to how this goes. Being an American I hope doesn't spoil my chances.

Thanks
    Devin

pmccombs
    ?

Very informative...
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2