MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Whats the best metal detector ?

Article about: Hi every body I am new to relic hunting and was wondering what metal detectors are good for beginors. It will be for dirt mostly (i will probly not metal detect on the beach) it has to be no

Default Whats the best metal detector ?

Hi every body
    I am new to relic hunting and was wondering what metal detectors are good for beginors. It will be for dirt mostly (i will probly not metal detect on the beach) it has to be not to expensive in about £60-£70 maximum. Any suggestion

Thanks Luke

Default Re: Whats the best metal detector ?

Hi Luke

With that budget range your best bet is to get yourself down to Maplins. They do half decent detectors that are good for beginners. My brother got one of the more expensive ones from Maplins (£70 ish) and came on a hunt with me to an old gunnery range......he found as much as me and I was using my £400 detector

Cheers

Steve T

Look to spend at least £150 if you can, unless you find a bargain on Fleabay or up the Gumtree.

Haven't got one myself, yet, but have been reading up, some of the other threads on here (do a search) are very informative and should answer all your questions, or most of them.

Looks like Steve (beat me to it) has got some even better advice.
    Rise & ReverberateGib mir wieder etwas Schönes

?

For a first basic machine Id go for a C scope.Simple to use excellent after sales service (not that You will be likely to need it).Try and find a good second hand one

PS A C Scope CS880 has literally just sold on EBay for 70 Pounds plus 8 Pounds postage. You cant go wrong with a machine like that at that price

Hi guys thank you for all of your help.

I am looking at 2 metal detectors one of them is a Garrett ace 250 and the other on is a C scope. I have made my budget a bit bigger and i was wondering from your guys experience what make is better.

I'm afraid it isn't ad straightforward as that Luke. Most mders have a preference for a particular make, and the mds themselves vary according to complexity, motion or non-motion, different frequencies, lots of dials, lots of settings..........the list goes on. What you need is a basic 'turn it on and start detecting' machine. Get one with a discrimination dial and a sensitivity dial. Discrimination allows you to set your machine to ignore certain metals like rusty iron and tin.

As a beginner you just need a simple but effective machine. The maplins ones fill this slot, as do some of the basic c-scope machines and other makers.

I myself use a Bounty Hunter.

You will get 30 different answers from us because we like our machines. If you buy a complicated 2nd hand machine you will quickly get disheartened as you won't get the best from it!!!!!

Hope that helps