Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to search at Seelow Heights?

Article about: My favorite area is the Ruhr-Kessel. But it needs extensive research upfront to locate the right spots.

infin1ty92
    ?

Question Where to search at Seelow Heights?

Hi guys. I know, asking about good places to search is a thing thats not good to ask about. Many people just don't want to tell about the good places, since they want them for themselves. I really do understand that.

However, i'll try anyway, and any help is extremely appriciated. Since i am going to the seelow heights this christmas, I would really like some help. I have asked a few guys on this site, and they've helped me a lot! Thanks to them!! But since the german laws forbid metal detecting, I will not take a metal detector with me. Or at least not a "normal big one". Therefore, it would be nice, if there were places, where the relics are found on the ground, or high up in the surface (since i can take a really small metal detector with me, that is able to do around 2-3 centimeters)

Thank you very much!!

Default Re: Where to search at Seelow Heights?

hey . When around Xmas time ?? I want to get back out there myself !!
    i could show you some good sites !!!

Hey inifinty

I am sure there are a number of areas where you can search but, given the laws regarding the use of metal detectors in Germany, I would recommend you don't use one at all. I am afraid we cannot condone breaking the law through our replies on these forums.

Sorry

Steve T

infin1ty92
    ?

Around the 26. december

Quote by albinocobra1 View Post
    hey . When around Xmas time ?? I want to get back out there myself !!
    i could show you some good sites !!!

infin1ty92
    ?

I'm sorry Steve T. I will not ask about stuff that breaks the rules again. Thanks for making me aware.

To you albinocobra1, TY very much!!

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Hey inifinty

I am sure there are a number of areas where you can search but, given the laws regarding the use of metal detectors in Germany, I would recommend you don't use one at all. I am afraid we cannot condone breaking the law through our replies on these forums.

Sorry

Steve T
    so in germany is bad to use metal detectors, in portugal is also, 1900-6000euros fine and 1-3years jail time if used without permit

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    so in germany is bad to use metal detectors, in portugal is also, 1900-6000euros fine and 1-3years jail time if used without permit
    no, basicly it is not forbiden to use them.
    It's strictly forbiden at Seelow, Halbe and parts of Huertgen Forest.
    Diging for items pre 30years-war is forbiden.

that seems like a dumb law that should be changed

The point is, there is not one regulation for Germany, but this is a federal matter, like in the US. Every state can rule this independently.

Hi guys,

I agree, in Germany it is strictly forbidden to dig on battle fields and to use a metal detector.On the other hand you often do not need to dig or to use technical aid. Some few years ago I went to Halbe in the south east of Berlin and found so much stuff on the surface that digging was not necessary. Within two hours I found six German helmets ( all damaged ) which I brought to the German war cemetry and put them all on different graves - after one week all helmets were taken away. I found many Panzerfaust laying still in open fox holes and ammunition everywhere. Parts of gasmasks , boots , plates , spoons , medals and much more. But it took some hours to find a good place . Halbe has been the location of the last big battle and since 1989 many guys digged there and took away what they could. Still today it is not difficult to find relics on the surface . The Seelower Höhen" are a nice area for digging either but you need to know exactly where the frontlines have been those days. I never found there anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast